xlix. we built this glee club

Series Six. Episode Eleven. We Built This Glee Club.

THIS WEEK DURING GLEE CLUB THE KIDS WERE HAVING A BIT OF TROUBLE AGREEING ON  THEIR ROUTINE. Our newest members of the New Directions formerly known as The Warblers were having a little bit of difficulty adjusting to the way Mr Schuester ran things around here and starting petty squabbles every five minutes. 

Everyone was starting to get a little bit irritated with one another and the alumni were started to worry that they wouldn't gel as a team like generations of the New Directions before them, in time for Sectionals. They were even in some need of some fresh inspiration to show them what magic can transpire when they put all their differences aside.

Weirdly for Ruby a stroke of inspiration struck when she stumbled across an old frenemy she found lurking around their auditorium earlier this morning. 

*flashback*

Walking into the auditorium in search for the sheet music she had misplaced when distracted by Sam last night and hoping that nobody had cleared it away within the time frame it had been left there. Peering around the curtain she saw it sitting on top of the piano where she had left it but someone was staring off into the auditorium with his back to her.

Her entrance caused the enigmatic figure to turn around, his identity stopping Ruby in her tracks as he pulled his hands out of his pockets to cross in front of his chest as the man sent the brunette a smirk.

"Well. Look what the cat dragged in!"  Ruby said as she walked closer to him as he met her halfway.

Leaning down, he took Ruby into a quick embrace. "Nice to see you too Ruby!"  He said with a signature roll of his eyes before leaving a deft kiss to her cheek.

"What the hell are you doing here Jesse? I don't think I've see you since Nationals, three years ago!"  Ruby exclaimed as she took his appearance in.

"Well..."  He said as he took a seat on the edge of the stage, "I was in town visiting my parents but I came to here to see if I could convince Rachel to take the part she's been offered instead of going back to college."

"How do you know about that?!"  Ruby gasped, shocked how news had travelled that fast considering it wasn't common knowledge.

"I'm the male lead!"  Jesse let out a laugh. "I was just saying to her that after seeing the list of contenders, the producers had already found their Segovia and her name was Rachel Berry. All she has to do was accept the role. We all know New York is where she belongs, she doesn't belong here. No offence." 

"Non-taken. I'm heading back to Princeton when the year is out to finish my degree. I just needed to take some time out." 

"Yeah I heard. How are you doing after everything? Congrats on Princeton by the way, that's amazing!"  Jesse smiled at her as she took a seat next to him. Ruby just blinked back at him, as she tried to figure out how he knew that about that part of her life, she wanted to forget.

"I like to keep up with people. Despite what you may think about me and what happened, you were always one of my favourites."  Jesse said, sending her a genuine smile.

"I don't hate you."  Ruby replied with a sigh, "The way everything went down in high school made me want to punch you in the face for a long time but I don't hate you. I dislike you a moderate amount, at most!"  Ruby's tone teasing towards the older boy.