Chapter One

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

“𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒚𝒐𝒖’𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆.”

“You don’t deserve to live, you filthy cockroach,” Father sneered at Y/N, kicking her relentlessly on the stomach for the umpteenth time.

Y/N could only endure the extreme pain all over her body. She didn’t dare to fight back against her father. The man, however, was still her father, the one who cared for her since she was a baby, only until she finished her education in primary school, when her mother, his wife passed away.

That was when he started acting so cruelly to her, torturing her for his own satisfaction, and locking her in her small room for days, or even weeks. Those weren’t even the worst things that had happened in her life. Her father once left her all alone in a foreign place, completely abandoning her without anything but a blanket and a bottle of water. He had tried killing her, pushing her away from his life.

The young Y/N didn’t know why her father had acted so strangely since her mother’s death. She was oblivious to his pain and misery. To be honest, she was never really close with her father. It was always her mom who had kept the family stuck together, like glue.

Y/N has grown over time, maturing and handling adulthood all by herself. Her father had become an alcoholic, as well as a drug user. To summarize everything about him now, he was a total mess. She once thought, sure he was sad and all about his wife’s death, but he had someone to take care of. Someone his wife left behind to accompany him through hard times, yet he chose to walk on the path by himself. Someone his wife entrusted him with, and he broke the trust. What a shame.

“Get your ugly face out of my sight,” Her father ordered her again, shooing her away from his room.

Y/N obediently gave in to her father’s request, crawling slowly out of the room, her hand on her stomach due to the awful pain it was suffering from. It was so painful that she thought she might just have malfunctioned an organ, or two.

Once she managed to drag herself into her room successfully, she let out a silent cry. Y/N knew her father would kick her out of the house if he heard her make a noise without his permission. She wanted to scream, she couldn’t. She wanted to cry, she couldn’t. She wanted to talk, complain, and question like a normal person could, she couldn’t. Those were the rules in Y/N’s life since her mother’s death. Her entire life was entangled with her father. A misfortune indeed.

But that evening, she decided to break the rules. She screamed in agony, cried in sorrow, and in just a matter of seconds, she drifted into a peaceful sleep, a sleep she had been yearning all along. The sixteen-year-old smiled upon letting out her last breath, grateful that her life was about to end soon, despite the vile way death came to seize her soul away.

•-•

Dear Death, if this was how you were going to take my soul away, then I have one simple request for you. I beg you to always care for my father. Don’t take him too. Let him live a happy life with new people by his side. He deserved that much.

-Y/N L/N.

(psst, psst, idk what I’m writing really.)