Chapter Thirty-Two

𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐲?

𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒅. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒏.

“Y/N! Wait up!” Xingqiu yelled at the girl a few meters away from him.

“Walk faster, slowpoke! Bweee!” Y/N stuck out her tongue at the teenager and proceeded to run across the bridge.

“This.. kid..” The descendant of the Feiyun Commerce Guild was soon able to catch up to the hyper little girl.

•-•

“Good morning, Miss Xiangling! Where’s your papa?” Y/N casually went into Wanmin Restaurant’s kitchen. Xiangling let Y/N in because she favors the girl, but not anyone else!

“If it isn’t my favorite kiddy! My dad’s off to Wangshu Inn, doing whatever he has to do...” Xiangling took off her apron and settled down her spatula on the table. She strangled Y/N in a friendly hug and let go when Y/N finally complained.

“Did you see popsicle, Miss Xiangling? It’s my playdate today!” Y/N questioned with hopeful eyes.

“Uhm, I’m sorry, but he hasn’t appeared since yesterday..” Xiangling paused, “It’s kind of odd, though. He usually comes for a meal at lunch and dinner, but he didn’t show up a single second since yesterday.”

“Oh...” Y/N looked down at the ground, disappointed with Xiangling’s answer. She was expecting the cook to know, but there was no way she could blame her too.

“Aw, cheer up, Y/N! I’m sure you’ll find him. By the way, that bookworm over there is waiting for you,” Xiangling stated as she motioned at Xingqiu, who was again, stuck with a book on his face.

“Ugh, okay then, thank you for the time, Miss Xiangling! I’ll be going now!” Y/N smiled sweetly.

“Take this with you, Y/N. Free meal today because I’m in a good mood, hehehe,” Xiangling giggled, her hands handing out a beautifully decorated box to Y/N.

Y/N’s eyes sparkled in an instant, “Fank you, fank you, Big Sister! Bye-bye!”

“Ahhh, please continue to call me big sister...” Xiangling whined as she saw the girl jubilantly skipped outside her kitchen and approached the blue-haired teenager.

“Xingqiu, look what I’ve got!” Y/N said, proudly swinging the lunch box in front of his face.

“I’m guessing it’s a free meal? Xiangling gives you free meals almost everyday, Y/N…” Xingqiu snorted to stifle his laughter.

“Hey, what’s so funny? Don’t you dare laugh at this super delicious, Y/N-only-meal! Miss Xiangling made them for me because she in good mood,” The girl shot back, deeply offended by Xingqiu’s words.

“She is always in a good mood, that’s why… Okay, let’s visit Chongyun now,” Xingqiu secured his book with his fingers before offering his other hand for Y/N to grab.

Y/N energetically took Xingqiu’s free hand and dragged him all the way to Chongyun’s house, located a few blocks away from Wanmin Restaurant.

•-•

“Knock, knock! Popsicle, it’s me, Y/N!”

No answer, only silence.

“Maybe he didn’t hear me?” Y/N muttered to herself.

“There’s no way he didn’t, Y/N. Your voice is too… shrill to not hear,” Xingqiu countered as he proceeded to knock on the wooden door himself.

“That’s true. Popsicleee! Come out!!!” The girl screamed at the door again. “What’s taking him so long?”

The girl was undoubtedly running thin on patience right there. “I’m gonna kick th-”

“No. Permission denied.”

“Who says I need permission from you, blue-ie?”

“It’s my best friend’s house, Y/N. We must respect his privacy, as was told by my teacher when I was young.”

“Ugh, your teacher’s rules no work here! Is my rules now, you know!”

“Okay on second thought, your idea is splendid. Break it down.”

Y/N stared at Xingqiu strangely. She was a hundred percent sure that just a few seconds ago, he just rejected her idea of breaking the door down. And now, he agreed? Just like that?

“You’re weird, Mister. You know that?”

“I do.”

Y/N stared at him in disbelief and said, “You break the door down then.”

Xingqiu wasted no time and dashed in front of the toddler. He started kicking the door like a kid, powerless and pretty much had no effect on the door.

“You no suitable for a noble from the Feiyun Commerce Guild,” Y/N voiced out, getting irritated because it was taking so long.

“Apologies. You do it then.”

“Plan B, break the window. I can break it in a single punch,” Y/N suggested, her eyes catching Xingqiu, asking for permission to do so.

“Sure, kid.”

Well that was easy, not what I expected. The girl thought.

“Watch and learn, you hydro-visioned pygmy pops,” Y/N ordered.

Xingqiu hummed in agreement and observed how the girl just straight away punched the window of his friend’s house, no hesitation at all. “Apologies if this sounds offensive, but you’re crazy, Y/N.”

“Thanks, Mister. I’ll take that as a compliment,” The girl giggled as she looked inside of the house through the broken window.

“That’s weird. He not here, Mister,” Y/N turned her head at Xingqiu, her face full of questions on where Chongyun may be.

“You sure?” Xingqiu asked for confirmation, his eyebrows raising in confusion.

“Yea, I not blind, you know.”

Xingqiu snorted at the girl’s reply and said, “What if we ask people around here for Chongyun’s location? They might know where he went.”

“Good idea, Mister. Let’s go find popsicle!”

And with Y/N’s dash towards Second Life, their ‘Did You See Popsicle Guy?’ adventure began.

•-•

PS: thank you for all the views, votes and comments! Appreciate them all! Silent readers are appreciated as well, because I am one HASHHSHA.