Chapter Thirty-Six

𝐈𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝

“𝑮𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒔. 𝑰𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒐𝒔𝒂𝒖𝒓.” -𝒀/𝑵

Y/N felt a gust of wind blowing brutally against her and her companion, its atmosphere unwelcoming and cold. There was this sinister feeling of danger that this region held, and the worst part was, there was always more to unfold. How Y/N loathed the place!

Putting aside the creepy feeling rumbling inside her, Y/N tugged on Xingqiu’s hand and pulled him along towards Wuwang Hill.

“Ow look! There’s someone over there!” Y/N exclaimed once they reached the entrance, “Let’s ask her if she saw Chongyun here.”

Xingqiu stayed silent, it wasn’t the ominous atmosphere of the place, or the uncanny feeling of being watched, but there was nobody there. He wondered if Y/N was hallucinating.

Perhaps the girl was spitting out nonsense, he thought.

Xingqiu gave his thoughts a dismissal as it was unlikely for Y/N to do so, she had no reason to hallucinate or tell lies. Xingqiu had become her ‘playmate’ since she was four, and it was enough for him to conclude that the girl only spoke facts. No lies if unnecessary. That means this… “girl” Y/N spoke about was real.

“Do you really see someone there, Y/N?” Xingqiu questioned, hiding his obvious discomposure while following the girl’s path.

“Ya! Can’t you see that little girl there? She looks older than me! But she weird though, she... shining?” Y/N tilted her head in confusion. Did the girl she pointed at possess some kind of supernatural powers? Like the one she saw in her past life?

“What do you mean she’s shining?”

“I don’t know… She just looks cool and shiny and invisible,” Y/N stated, “Almost see-through!”

Xingqiu wasn’t sure how to tell the girl there was nobody there, but at least he could speak for himself. There was nobody there. The possibility of Y/N seeing a ghost creeped him up, tickling his spine at the slightest of touch.

“Let’s go, Xingqiu! I think she would be delighted to answer our questions!”

Dear Archons, please save me from this toddler.

“Helllloooo!” Y/N extended her hand out at the little girl wearing a traditional Liyuean dress.

The little girl gasped in return, taking a few steps back away from Y/N. In response, Y/N halted and tilted her head in confusion, “Why you runnin’ ‘way?”