Chapter Eighteen

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭

“𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒎 𝒉𝒖𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔.”

The three remained quiet in the spacious room until dawn came. The atmosphere was obviously awkward between Keqing and Xiao. Keqing was about to start a conversation when they both suddenly heard a soft voice from behind them.

“Mama?”

Keqing scurried to the bed and saw Y/N’s eyes fluttering open. “Mummy’s not here, Y/N. We’re still in Wangshu Inn, remember?”

Keqing assisted the two year old to get up from the bed. Of course, the girl was greeted by the green adeptus sitting near the window with his eyes shut.

“Who’s child is that? Who is she calling ‘mama’?” Xiao forced his eyes open to look at the girl. He knew he thought of this the first time he met her, but the girl was beautiful. She was gorgeous with the golden hair and grey eyes that had become a unique trademark of hers, since no one else in Liyue had those characteristics.

Keqing sighed before answering, “Ningguang. She started addressing Ningguang as her mum today. It was her first word.”

“That workaholic woman? A mother? Quite impressive,” Xiao snorted.

“Don’t pick up a fight, Xiao,” Keqing warned, her electro vision stone glowing brightly. “I can electrocute you anytime now.”

Xiao faced the woman inside his room and said, “I can’t die. Plus, I can throw you to the other side of Teyvat if I want to.”

Quiet whimpers travelled into Keqing’s ears, prompting her to turn around and check on Y/N. The girl was visibly scared, you could easily determine by the expression on her face.

Keqing gave Xiao a murderous look. She attempted to calm herself down and soothed the girl, “It’s okay, Y/N. We’re not fighting, me and Xiao are best friends, right?”

Keqing gave Xiao a look that said, “Just answer the fudggin’ question with yes.”

Xiao rolled his eyes. “Fine. Yes we are,” He finally answered half-heartedly.

Y/N’s face lightened up at Xiao’s answer.

Here’s the thing. Recently, Y/N discovered that she could see colors surrounding people. It was their ‘aura’. She saw purple and yellow in Ningguang, which represented luxury and warmth. She saw orange and yellow in Keqing, which were the colors she’d seen most often in the city.

However, when she saw Xiao, she was greeted by darker colours. His aura had been switching between black, dark red, and dark blue. It was her first time seeing a person’s aura being so dark and miserable.

What exactly did he go through?

Y/N struggled a little bit, but with the help of Keqing, she managed to jump down from the bed. She toddled towards the green-haired adeptus and hugged him. She was actually hugging his legs since she couldn’t even reach his waist.

“What the actual hell is she doing,” Xiao deadpanned. For him, affections were horrifying.

“Mind your language. She’s a kid, and she’s hugging you,” Keqing said, chuckling softly at the scene.

“If you would be so kind, please get the child off me,” He demanded with a scoff.

“Let her-” Keqing’s words were cut off by the loud bangings on the door. “...be.”

“Great. Open the door,” Xiao said grumpily. Who else would be disturbing his day? He might just go insane.

(i didn’t expect this to go beyond 10k! i love you guys so much uwu)