Chapter Fourteen

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐞... 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞?

 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞?

“𝑾𝒆 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒚 𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐.”

“You have a name now, my lady,” Baixiao mentioned out of the blue.

Interested, Y/N abandoned her toys -Keqing’s secret Rex Lapis figurines- and waddled towards her favorite secretary.

The figurines were supposed to be a secret, but Keqing had to give them to the girl to stop her from crying. It was a form of distraction for the girl to stop  eating more lotus crisps.

The girl put one of her fingers to her chin, and tilted her head to the left, indirectly asking the woman what her name was.

“The name sounds really foreign to me, my lady. However, if I were to judge, your name is indeed pretty,” Baixiao said again.

Y/N, being the impatient individual she was, whined loudly at Baixiao. Couldn’t she just tell her what’s her name?

“My lady, if you won’t stop screaming, I’m afraid I have to end our play time and you will have to wait for your name,” She said sternly.

Y/N stopped her small tantrum. She didn’t want their play time to end, and she wanted to find out her new name. Baixiao was supposed to be at work right now, but due to Y/N’s unpredictable play time schedule, she had to sacrifice her time at work to entertain the little lady.

“Y/N,” The woman finally declared.

Y/N? What the actual ???

“It's a beautiful name, isn’t it, my lady?” Baixiao asked the child in a cheery voice.

It is, I guess… Y/N thought inside her head.

Great. The same name, amazing.

•-•

Y/N’s playtime session with the secretary Baixiao was done. Baixiao couldn’t skip too much work after all. Unfortunately, that day, Ningguang, Y/N’s ‘mum’ had been busy since the ceremony was over. She was always preoccupied with the workload placed on her table. It was never-ending.

Y/N was once again bored. Really really bored. None of Ningguang’s secretaries could spare any more time for her, and she was not open to the outside world. She had only lived here for approximately two weeks, but it felt like two years.

Bored, the girl decided to pay her caretaker a visit. She walked all by herself down the stairs from her bedroom to Ningguang’s ‘office’.

“ *babble babble* (I’m bored).” The girl declared with a pout on her face.

Ningguang peered at the child and chuckled, “Why are you here, Y/N? I told you I’m busy, didn’t I?”

“ *babble babble* (But I’m bored! I have nothing to do.)” The child mumbled in disappointment, a huge pout still on her face.

Ningguang put her quill down when she saw tears starting to form under the child’s eyes. “Hhh, come here, little one. You’re sad that no one can play with you, aren’t you?”

Y/N nodded her head in agreement; she was trying her best to hold back her tears. She didn’t want to be a cry baby. Ningguang would be heavily burdened if she became a cry baby, and she never wanted that to happen.

“Hm, what can I do then? I have an extreme workload this week. It was from last week, too.” Ningguang sighed as she caressed the child’s silky golden hair. The woman had unexpectedly grown a special feeling for the tiny human on her lap.

Ningguang abruptly stood up from her seat, “Why don’t you accompany Keqing to Wangshu Inn, yeah?” She suggested.

Y/N’s eyes sparkled in joy upon hearing Ningguang’s idea. She had never went to the place called Wangshu Inn physically, but Ningguang once story-telled about the place to her as a bedtime story. Y/N wasn’t sure if Wangshu Inn was as beautiful as Ningguang’s stories, but nevertheless, she was excited to go!

“Wait here for a while, Keqing will come and pick you up, sweetheart.” Ningguang informed as her eyes went back to the papers on her table.

Now, Y/N could only wait and hope for Keqing to come and pick her up quickly. At least before the boredom conquered her entirely.

(oh wow i forgot to update last saturday hahshxjsjsjs. thank you for the views and votes!)