Chapter Twelve

𝐀 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲

“𝑭𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒔𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔.”

Y/N recalled Keqing’s announcement that morning. She said she was going to get her name and title as the ‘Little Lady of Liyue Harbor’. Of course, the title wouldn’t be permanent, it wasn’t like she was going to stay little forever, right?

The girl was fairly excited, she wondered what the ceremony would be like. Her past life was all miserable and torturing, she only hoped that the present life will welcome her with open arms.

“You’re going to feel a bit dizzy. Are you ready, little one?” Ningguang asked the child who was snuggling in her arms.

Y/N gave a sign that she was ready by stretching her small body then nodding her head slowly.

“Alright, close your eyes,” Ningguang warned her before she was engulfed by the same exact feeling she first felt with Keqing and a man named Bu’Yun. Keqing had said the same thing: that she would get a little dizzy, and to close her eyes tightly. Y/N was curious why she had to close her eyes, but did as told regardless.

A few seconds passed, she felt like she was being thrown downwards, her surroundings all dark and empty. Her light body floated easily as if it was a feather in the air. The only difference was she wasn’t scared of the feeling anymore.

She opened her eyes once she felt her chubby hands grabbed by someone. Suspecting that someone was going to kidnap her, her reflexes immediately commanded her legs to kick and her mouth to basically scream her lungs out.

“Calm down, little one, it’s just me,” Ningguang’s voice was heard again, flooding her system in pure relief.

Ningguang patted the child’s back a few times in order to calm her down. This was only the second time the child has been transported back to the city from the Jade Chamber, thus it was understandable.

Y/N’s short arms snaked around Ningguang’s neck, her hands gripping each other ever so tightly for dear life. She was frightened of the outside world, the much larger society with not only Ningguang and Keqing in it, but the whole Liyue Harbor. The feeling was horrifying.

“You need to let those pretty grey eyes open, little one. Don’t worry, no one is capable of hurting you as long as I’m here,” Ningguang attempted to comfort the little girl in her embrace.

Y/N shook her head violently, disagreeing with Ningguang’s statement.

“Lotus crisps for you if you are a good girl and open your eyes,” Ningguang offered generously.

Y/N took the opportunity for her to have extra lotus flower crisps for today’s meal. She loved that peculiar dish, it was the first dish she had when she first moved to Liyue Harbor. Sadly, Ningguang limited her lotus crisps consumption since she had been ‘obsessed’ with the culinary.

She finally buried her fear six feet under and bravely opened her eyes. She was no longer in her cozy ‘home’, but instead in the middle of a terrace, surrounded by dozens of people watching her.

From the corner of her eyes, she could sense a tall man in brown-black clothing gawking at her, his eyes piercing intensely into hers.

Knowing fear would try to grasp her one more time, she quickly looked away and tightened her grip on Ningguang’s hand. It was going to be a long ceremony.