Chapter Thirty-Seven

𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤-𝐔𝐩 𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞

“𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍?”

“Excuse me, Lady Ningguang, Y/N is-”

“Stirring up trouble? Yes, I know, Baixiao. You don’t have to keep on reporting every single problem she caused,” Ningguang sighed, looking at her papers.

The child was definitely not the definition of  ‘composed’. Rather, she was downright the phrase ‘impressively hyperactive and troublesome’.

The ruling woman remembered the first year she let the girl explore the city, and everything turned into a complete mess. Overwhelmed by the many reports of her daughter’s abominable maneuvers, she put Y/N in probation for a little while.

However, after years of becoming Y/N’s mother figure, Ningguang had eventually gotten used to hearing all the reports of the local’s unending impediments caused by none other than the soon-to-be six year old. She never even bothered to read those reports anymore.

“That is certainly not the case this time, Lady Ningguang. This is rather serious, My Lady,” Baixiao said, her voice wavering with urgency.

“Why are you reporting this as if Y/N had fainted or something?” Ningguang arched her left eyebrow.

“That’s the thing, My Lady! Two vision bearers brought the Little Lady over to the Jade Chamber, and one of them was carrying the Little Lady’s limp body in his hands. They said the Little Lady fainted and her body temperature turned as cold as ice, My Lady.”

“SAY WHAT? WHY DIDN’T YOU LET THEM IN?” Ningguang roared out of her seat.

“You said to not let anyone in, even if they are with the Little Lady because she always causes trouble, My Lady.”

“Oh my Lord, Baixiao! If Y/N’s condition looks concerning then let them in! Goodness gracious!”

Baixiao bowed her head, “Understood, My Lady. I will let them in immediately.”

“Bring Y/N to her room, I’ll check on her immediately.”

“Yes, My Lady. Please excuse me.” Baixiao left Ningguang’s office urgently afterwards.

Ningguang sighed once more, what could’ve gotten into her daughter that she fainted out of the blue? While adventuring and having fun, too.

What the woman worried about was, this happened when Y/N was younger. It happens every single damned year, on the exact same day. Every single year, on December 18th, exactly a week before Y/N’s birthday. And it was haunting. The only thing Ningguang could only think about when she saw her daughter’s soulless body on her bed was if she would wake up again, or would she just silently crawl towards Celestia’s doorstep.