Chapter Seventeen

𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

“𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆.”

“What the hell do you think you’re doing here? Do you think it is polite to just barge in someone’s room? Get the hell outta here,” The person said coldly, his voice spitting with venom in every word he said.

“I really need a place for her to stay, you can kick me out later...” Keqing trailed off, her hands silently freezing due to the girl’s extremely low temperature. “Please.”

The person sighed then motioned his hand for her to come in. “You can watch after her, I won’t kick you out.”

“Thank you, Xiao. Thank you to Verr Goldet as well, you may go,” Keqing said gratefully. Y/N’s condition could have been worse if she didn’t get a place for her to stay in.

Xiao nodded his head as he gritted his teeth at the pain he was feeling on his right, bloody arms. It was already painful for him, an adeptus, let alone a human; they would’ve died. Everytime he thought of death, his mind asked him the same, old question: When will he die?

Xiao’s face scrunched at the absolute answer: never. He was never going to die, it was his curse of being an immortal. The gods had gifted him with infinite longevity and yet he wished for death.

“I can help you to treat them if you want,” Keqing offered as she placed a hot towel on the girl’s forehead. She was waiting for her temperature to rise.

“No need. You mortals are very inconvenient. Not to mention you’re part of the Liyue Qixing,” He scoffed while supporting his own hand.

“What nonsense. That was offensive but I really don’t want to deal with anyone right now.” Keqing stood up from the seat beside Y/N’s bed. “Besides, I can see you’re badly hurt, and I can treat you the way I treat myself when I’m hurt,” Keqing retorted as a matter-of-factly.

“So be it, do whatever you want.” Came a raspy reply from Xiao. He was looking at the wide window in his room.

“Right.”

Keqing made her way towards the sink and filled a container with warm water. She gently took off her purple gloves, not wanting them to get soaked in water. Then, she washed another towel to make sure it was sterilized enough to wipe off a wound.

Once she was ready, the woman proceeded to treat Xiao’s wound as gently as possible. She put in a lot of effort in getting rid of her rash attitude and treated the wound with utmost caution. Her ears caught Xiao’s hurtful groans every time she touched a new wound. She secretly felt really bad for him. No matter how serious her injuries were, they were never this serious.

How does he not pass out with this heavy injury? He must’ve lost a lot of blood, too. Keqing thought.

The one and only answer popped in her brain: he’s an adeptus, a guardian yaksha, an immortal. Of course this heavy wound was nothing for him.

“I’m sorry,” Keqing muttered softly while gently treating his wounds.

“What are you even sorry for..” Xiao replied, staring strangely at the woman beside him.

Keqing looked away once she felt Xiao’s eyes on her. She desperately tried to hide her cheeks that were blushing furiously.

Stay sane, Keqing. You must not go insane. You don’t have feelings for him.

“For you, because you have to deal with... this,” Keqing answered nervously. Her hands were still treating the fresh wounds on Xiao’s arm.

Xiao scoffed again, “This is nothing. I’m used to it.” He took his eyes off the woman to avoid the weird feeling inside him to grow.

Keqing only stayed silent, not having the energy to even reply back to Xiao’s answer.

(halow~ i happened to be free today, so i thought i’ll update today instead of tomorrow. and as always, thank you for all the views, votes and comments! :D)

(it was really lovely seeing all of your comments, they made me laugh 😂😂)