Chapter Twenty-Four

𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

“𝑨 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅.”

Y/N was getting incredibly irritated at Qiqi’s slow pace. She knew the zombie had some peculiar conditions to consider, but this speed was simply unacceptable. The zombie was legit taking small steps with certain time intervals between each of them.

Step, stop, step, stop.

Why does she take sooo long? Y/N pondered.

“Qiqi, I think you need go fast, like me! Look, step step step!” Y/N finally voiced her opinion in her baby voice, demonstrating her speed walk to her friend.

As if the zombie was going to comply with her speed requirements...

Seeing that Qiqi didn’t react to her orders, Y/N gave up. She would just go faster than her and reach Ganyu’s place first, Qiqi wouldn’t mind right? Yeah, about that, Y/N should have thought about it carefully. The fact that Qiqi forgets easily is… a hassle.

•-•

“Miss Ganyu!”

Ganyu was too lost in her thoughts to hear the shrill voice calling her name or to notice the little footsteps echoing in her office.

The workaholic finally turned her head to the right, where she felt a tug on the hem of her dress. She sighed, expecting some other kids to show her their new tricks or drawings. She took a deep breath and faced the expected kid, “Yes?”

“Oh, Y/N! You’re visiting again?” Ganyu was taken aback by Y/N’s second visit that day. It was unusual for the girl to do so, considering she enjoys exploring the city at any chance she gets.

“I bought a present! You have to like it!” Y/N exclaimed. Despite the girl’s bold and straightforward personality, Ganyu could hear a hint of hesitation in her voice.

“Ah, sweet child. I’m most certain I will love your present,” Ganyu sweet-talked the five-year-old, her own interest peaking at the mentioned gift.

Y/N’s expression lit up at Ganyu’s uplifting comment and she slowly pushed a well-wrapped blue box across her table. The girl’s eyes were fixated on the floor again, worried that the gift might not be to Ganyu’s liking. She had put a thorough analysis on what Ganyu did and didn’t like. But still, Ganyu’s personal perspective especially worried her.

Ganyu slowly opened the blue box and to her delight, she discovered a bundle of Qingxins hidden in it. She smiled from ear to ear, thanked the girl and adoringly brushed her lips against the child’s forehead. “Thank you, Y/N.”