Chapter Twenty-Seven

𝐌𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲’𝐬 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭 [𝐈]

“𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔𝒏’𝒕 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏.”

Ningguang sighed as supported her head with one hand. She loves Y/N more than anything in the world, but the girl could be a pain in the ass sometimes. And now was one of those times.

Her daughter was terribly hard-headed, no matter how she raised her not to be hard-headed. It was simply running through her veins.

Tick tock tick tock.

An hour passed by along with the last pile of her paperworks. She exhaled in relief and looked outside the Jade Chamber’s window. The view was astonishing. Below her mighty chamber lay the nation of rocks, Liyue.

One day the Jade Chamber will float above all of Liyue, then all seven nations.

Her ambition sure was bigger than the Jade Chamber, or even Liyue itself.

Pleased by the magnificent view of Liyue from the Jade Chamber, Ningguang was able to forget the argument she had with her daughter. But not even a minute had passed by, and little Y/N’s voice echoed again in her ears.

“I hate you!”

The woman felt a pang of pain in her chest as she recalled her daughter’s tone while saying the three words. Her voice was resentful, full of pure hatred and sadness when she said it. She must’ve been immensely infuriated.

Ningguang only feared one thing: that Y/N would really hate her.

Ningguang made her way upstairs in haste, her daughter was the only thing that she truly cherished. Well, for now.

“Y/N,” Her voice came out soft as she knocked on the door three times.

No response. Of course, who would open their doors when they’re angry?

“Y/N, sweetheart, please let me in,” Ningguang demanded.

Again, there was no response. Negative thoughts started eating her mind. What if Y/N escaped out of the Jade Chamber this late? What if she fainted? What if she was kidnapped?

Ningguang held her head high and tried to balance herself on the spot. She reminded herself to ask Baixiao to make chamomile tea, in hope of reducing her stress of both work and parenting.

“Y/N honey, if you won’t open the door in the next few seconds, mummy’s afraid she needs to barge in,” Ningguang said again, her tone overflowing with concern.

Hearing not a single response from inside the room, Ningguang forced the locked door open. She might need to call someone to fix the door later.

“Y/N are you al-” Her voice paused at Y/N sleeping with obvious uneasiness, gloominess drawn all over her face.

“...right..”

She stepped inside her dear daughter’s room, her heels tapping softly at the contact against the floor. She sat beside Y/N’s tiny figure and brushed through her golden waves. The woman could only bear to sit there and stay silent, watching Y/N’s pouting lips. The girl looked adorable regardless of her tantrum earlier.

A piece of light brown paper attached to a small-sized elegant jewelry box caught Ningguang’s attention. It was clutched firmly between Y/N’s two arms almost as if she was securing the box, scared it might disappear if she didn’t.

Curious, Ningguang took a little peek on the piece of paper underneath Y/N’s arms as the girl was showing no signs of waking up any sooner. There were only two words written in neat cursive on it: Mummy’s Gift.

[guys. I FORGOT TO POST. I issa sorrey :”D]

PS: thank you for all the views, comments and votes! they are greatly appreciated. btw, i haven’t had the time to read your comments bcosss school :< dw i will read em all once i have time! stay healthy n safe yall, lovesss <3