Chapter Twenty-Six

𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐬

𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔.

“Do you think she will like it?” Y/N asked the man accompanying her dubiously.

She sought for an answer in the silent man’s amber orbs, but the blank expression pkastered on his face said that he didn’t pay attention to her at all. He must’ve been daydreaming.

“Daddy!” Y/N exclaimed peskily. Zhongli was indeed lost in her thoughts. He indeed hadn’t been listening to her at all.

“Y-yes, Y/N?” Zhongli stammered. He shook off his thoughts as he watched the girl’s face grow crestfallen.

“You didn’t listen to me, did you?” Y/N asked, tears welling up in her eyes. Yes, she had always acted like a daddy’s girl since she somehow considered Zhongli as her father.

“My apologies, Y/N. Would you mind repeating what you said?” The man caressed the top of the girl’s head, trying to make her feel better.

Y/N sighed, she hated it when people didn’t pay attention to her, no matter who it was. “I want to give my mummy a present! Do you think she will like my present?”

“Oh, a present? May I ask what it is?” Zhongli inquired out of curiosity.

“No! Is secret. You no see it, daddy!” The child shook her head left and right violently with her arms crossed against her chest.

Zhongli chuckled lightly, “I see. So it is a surprise then?”

Y/N bobbed her head in confirmation and asked for the third time, “She will like it, won’t she?” Her eyes seek out Zhongli’s eyes, looking as hopeful as ever.

“I’m sure she will like it, little one. She loves you too much to be displeased with your gift,” He answered truthfully as he patted Y/N’s head lovingly. The girl snuggled further into her father figure’s endless warmth and simply agreed to his answer.

•-•

Y/N had just come back from her short meeting with Zhongli in Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. She loved spending her time with Zhongli. But most of all, she absolutely loved spending her time with her mother, Ningguang.

Y/N understood that her mother was a very busy woman, working on this and that, and basically not having time to herself or to do whatever she wanted to do. The girl felt sorry for her mother, if only she could help her.

Ningguang had always shooed her daughter out of her office while she was working, because she didn’t want her five-year-old to work too. A child’s nature, after all, was to play. Not to work themselves off. And, like any other mother, Ningguang wished for her daughter’s hand to touch the wonderful things in the world before they had to hold onto a pencil.

“Mummy!” Y/N yelled happily once she saw her mother’s head popping out of the paperworks on her table.

“What is it, sweetheart? It’s only four in the evening. Didn’t I tell you to not disturb me while I’m working?” Ningguang asked, sugarcoating her answer with the word ‘sweetheart’. She didn’t want her daughter to feel like she wasn’t welcome in her office.

“It’s already four, mummy. You stop work work!” Y/N ordered grumpily, a frown on her face.

“I’m sorry, honey. There are still so many I need to work on, and I don-” Ningguang paused at her daughter’s face.

Y/N was about to cry, crystal clear tears welling in her eyes, threatening to flow down her cheeks. “You always busy! You never play with me! I hate you!”

Y/N stomped upstairs to her room and slammed the door close. Let me tell you, Y/N is incredibly hard-headed and persistent. She must get what she wants, and she will do anything to get it. But she wouldn’t force it if it was something impossible to do.

Y/N collapsed on her king-sized bed before finally letting out a quiet cry of disappointment. Why couldn’t her mum play with her like any other mother would? Sure her mum was a busy woman, but she was jealous, so jealous of the other kids because they always get to play with their parents and friends.

Ningguang hasn’t spent time with her for a week now. Everytime she was done with her work, Y/N was already asleep. Then, she would start working the next day before Y/N was awake. The cycle repeats.

Thinking about it only made Y/N cry even more. She was so very upset that she just wanted to cry and do nothing.

Eventually, Y/N’s cries subsided into small whimpers. Y/N’s tiny body was curled up into a little ball and she hid herself under the soft and warm blanket. Her eyelids felt heavy until she couldn’t hold them anymore, and she tumbled into a deep, gloomy slumber, a dejected look smitten all over her face.

(i might’ve almost forgotten to post again :”D)

thank tou to each and everyone of you!!! all the views, votes and comments are greatly appreciated!

PS: donut worry silent readers, i feel u, cos i’m a silent reader myself <3