Chapter Three

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 [𝐈]

“𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒉𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒎 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏.”

Gosh, where am I? Am I not dead yet? Am I still Y/N? The baby girl thought to herself.

She tried raising her hands to prevent the sunlight from hurting her eyes. She was truly surprised when she saw two little chubby arms instead of skinny, long ones. And no matter how hard she attempted to control them, her hands wouldn’t move the way she wanted them to. What was happening?

Where am I anyways? Last time I remember I was in my room.

The baby girl observed her surroundings, and came up with a pretty obvious conclusion: she didn’t know where she was. A lot of dragon statues adorned by shiny, orange rocks? What are those?

She disregarded her surroundings for a moment to feel herself. Something didn’t feel quite right. She rubbed her face with her ‘new’ hands. ‘Y/N’ could feel her nose, eyes, mouth, and even ears, were all much smaller than before. 

She opened her mouth to complain, but she babbled inaudible words in replacement of actual, understandable statements. Y/N seriously couldn’t speak a single word, even a simple “hello”, making her panic. To her utmost surprise, she cried out loud like a baby.

Astounded, she stopped for a while to process what exactly just happened to her voice. It sounded like a baby’s voice. Y/N freaked out, last time she checked, she could speak clearly and fluently. But now, she was just babbling out stuff that didn’t make sense at all.

Questions exploded inside Y/N’s mind, what was she? Who was she? Was she dead? Did someone save her?  Most importantly, where was she? The place didn’t look an inch familiar to her. 

The scenes of her father abruptly came into her head, replaying themselves automatically. Scared and traumatized, she let out a cry once more. She didn’t care if she was a baby, or if she couldn’t talk, she just wanted to get away from her father and not see him anymore.

Out of the blue, a beautiful purple woman came into her sight. The woman was intensely staring at her with unsteady breaths, it seemed like she ran all the way here. Y/N, on the other hand, was beyond relieved when she found out it wasn’t her abusive father.

“An infant? What am I supposed to do with her? Where are your parents, umh, infant?” The purple woman asked Y/N who looked equally puzzled, searching around for anyone nearby.

The purple woman -Y/N’s new nickname for her- didn’t look like someone who adored youngsters, so Y/N didn’t want to stir up any troubles and just made grabby hands towards the woman.

“What do your hands say? Oh Dear, I’m terribly terrible at this,” The purple woman sighed at Y/N.

“*Babble babble* (oh yes you are, and carry me up!)” Y/N continued making grabby hands with her fingers wet from her mouth. 

“Huh, what are you saying? Wow, I feel dumb talking to a newborn,” The lady muttered to herself.

“*Babble babble* (carry me up! you’re so mean!)” Baby Y/N soon got frustrated at the woman and she bawled in distress. It was the only way to channel her frustration towards the woman since she couldn’t express herself in words. 

“Infant, I really can’t understand you, and I don’t see your guardian either, how strange. But, I am going to bring you with me to a place called Liyue Harbor. Want to go?” The woman in purple clothing offered Y/N and placed her up on her arms.

Y/N was overjoyed when the woman finally carried her. She giggled and clapped her hands together in glee as the answer to the woman’s question.

The woman cradled her soothingly in a protective manner and went downhill to the assembly point with the Milleliths, who were equally relieved seeing a tiny human safe in their commander’s arms. 

With the Milleliths guarding the two from behind, they left Wuwang Hill and travelled as fast as they could to reach Liyue Harbor.

(I forgot that yesterday was Saturday :/)