Chapter Nineteen

𝐀𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

“𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒅.”

“Qiqi! What are you doing here, little one? Did Hutao chase you again?” Keqing greeted the tiny zombie standing near the door.

“Huh..”

“I called her to heal my injury just before you came. You offered to clean them up, so of course I shouldn’t reject them. But she can still come to heal the wounds.” Xiao sighed. That was probably the longest he had ever talked.

Being her curious self, Y/N sauntered across the room and poked Qiqi’s cheek. She simply wanted to know how a zombie’s skin felt. The two-year-old’s fingers hastily grabbed on the talisman paper hanging on Qiqi’s head.

Keqing tapped on Y/N’s hands lightly. “You can’t take that. It’s not yours, Y/N.”

Mean. Y/N thought.

With her face red and her cheeks puffed, Y/N let out a deafening cry. She was upset that she couldn’t take Qiqi’s piece of paper. It looked interesting to her and she thought it’ll look prettier with colours on.

“Oh… Little girl is.. upset…” Qiqi muttered in a montone voice.

The cries continued and Xiao could only let out a defeated sigh and Keqing was gradually getting irritated.

“Dear Rex Lapis, please make this adorable baby quiet. Ugh, what do you want? Ningguang? Anything but her talisman! Or maybe my Rex Lapis figurines?” Keqing offered.

“You have Rex Lapis figurines?” Xiao asked, despairingly trying to force his lips to stay straight.

“That was a form of distraction, you blasted idiot.” Keqing glared at him.

“Qiqi thinks… they’re in love… madly…” The zombie mumbled to Y/N, who had gone completely quiet at Keqing’s and Xiao’s argument.

“In love you say?” Keqing narrowed her eyes.

“Hmph! Me? With a mere mortal? Never,” Xiao said in opposition.

“Who wants to be with a self-centered, ‘I can do everything by myself’ God anyways?” Keqing retorted.

“Yep… like angry cats…” Qiqi mumbled again.

Y/N, who had no idea what in the world the adults were talking about, just nodded her head in agreement to Qiqi.

“Waf…?” She murmured to herself.

The feeling of love had been long gone after her mother’s passing in the past life. In this life, she knew a lot of people adored her, but she was a hundred percent sure that none of them really loved her. Even Ningguang. The rich lady may have cherished her, but she didn’t know if she loved her.

Unaware of the child’s thoughts, Keqing gasped in delight. “You said your third word!” The woman said, engulfed in excitement.

“You did a great job today, Y/N! Let’s go back to the Jade Chamber and leave Qiqi and Xiao here, shall we?” Keqing squealed.

The grey-eyed girl only nodded in agreement, she didn’t have any idea on what was happening anyways. But she did have one solid conclusion: Wangshu Inn wasn’t as fun as Ningguang had told her.

It was such a pity she didn’t get to explore the place either. She mentally cursed herself for being a weak baby.

•-•

The way back to Liyue Harbor was nothing special. Y/N had always fallen asleep half way through the journey and it became more of a habit.

“Wake up, Y/N. Wake up..” A gentle voice rang in the girl’s ears.

Alerted, she immediately opened her eyes to take a look. And to her utmost delight, the voice belonged to none other than Ningguang!

She had only been away for not more than half the day, but she missed the woman so much already. She missed her mother figure’s warm cuddles and sweet talks whenever they were together.

Ningguang almost fell backwards because she wasn’t prepared for Y/N’s great bear hug. The woman laughed lightly when she felt her daughter snuggling closely to her body. She gave gentle pats on the child’s back and head.

Ningguang thought she couldn’t cherish someone as much as she cherished her loving father. But it seemed like the little girl had changed her view on it. From that day on, she had someone to constantly worry and miss after.

A few seconds of silence, and then came the melodious voice replying to the child’s hug, “I miss you too.”

•-•

“I have no intention in finding her, honestly.”

“And still, so many legs are willing to get down on their knees for you.”

“That, my friend, is for me to enjoy and for you to watch. Ciao.”

Sound of heels clacking on the ground, and she was gone. In silence, the assistant couldn’t say a single word to oppose her master.

(HEHEHE i’m feeling good today~ how ‘bout you guys? you know you can chat me if you want to rant cause i also like to rant to my friends lol)

PS: thank you for the comments, views, and votes! IT’S CRAZYYY