Chapter Twenty-Two

𝐀 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐗𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒂𝒚, “𝑫𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉.” 𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔, “𝑰𝒕’𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕.” ‘𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔.

“Miss Xiangling! Hellooo!” Y/N greeted the dark-haired teen cheerfully. She proceeded to give the chef a great bear hug of hers.

“Aw, my favourite customer is here. And how many times have I told you not to call me ‘Miss’? I feel old, you know,” The young chef grumbled after hugging the girl.

“But you old! Mummy said, be polite to everyone, especially those who are older than you. So I call you ‘Miss’!” Y/N stated innocently.

Calling me old is very impolite already.. Xiangling thought.

“I’m only nineteen, Y/N. I’m not even twenty yet! I’m your big sister, not miss...” Xiangling insisted fretfully.

“Nineteen is manyyy! I only this many!” Y/N argued, showing five fingers to Xiangling.

Xiangling could only sighed, “Yeah, of course, of course. Whatever you say, kiddo.”

“You mad at me?” Y/N stared at the floor sadly.

“Oh no, no, never! How could I ever get mad at you? Let’s feast, shall we? What food do you want?” Xiangling offered.

“Anything without crabs, I despise them, yuck!” The child made a disgusted face. She took after her mother, who despised crabs as well.

“Alright! A surprise dish coming right up!” Xiangling sang excitedly as she strolled back in the kitchen.

Y/N sat on a chair furthest away from the stall lady-she couldn’t remember her name-, the one who is always selling chop suey; she hated her yellings. As she waited patiently for her food to come, her eyes caught a certain red-eyed woman. Yep, Hutao.

The little girl quickly turned her head around, intensely peering inside the kitchen in hope that Hutao wouldn’t notice her.

“Oh, Y/N, My favourite kiddy!” Y/N heard Hutao shout her name, loud and clear.

“Miss Hutao! How you spot me so easily?” Y/N asked with a pout.

“You do realize that your golden hair is the one and only in the whole Liyue Harbor, right? Of course it stands out, silly!” The current Wangsheng Funeral Parlor Director pointed out cheekily.

“I guess so... What are you up to, Miss Hutao?” Y/N asked Hutao politely.

“Selling coupons, of courseee! Do you want one too? I’ll give you a 20% discount if you do,” Hutao offered, her signature smirk on her face.

“No thank you, Miss Hutao. I think I’ll live much longer than you,” Y/N shot back a sarcastic reply, her small pair of eyes glinted in mischief.

Hutao snorted at the younger girl’s answer and sat beside her. Y/N was internally whining over being with Hutao. Well she loved Hutao, but she hated one thing about the woman: she had always tried to sell funeral coupons to her. Did Hutao even realize that she was only five years of age?

Still lost in her thoughts, Y/N didn’t pay attention to the dishes being served on the table.

“Look what I served you, Y/N! Do you like it?” Xiangling chirped in the silence between Y/N and Hutao.

Y/N broke out of her thoughts and eyed the five dishes served silently. Cold noodle with mountain delicacies, jewelry soup, black buns and lotus flower crisps!

“Thank you, Big Sis Xiangling!” She considerately said.

“Most welcome, little one! And please do continue calling me Big Sis,” The thanked woman giggled.

“Nope! That was the only time!” Y/N replied teasingly, popping her ‘p’ on the way.

The girl began to munch on the food served to her. She had skipped breakfast earlier that morning to visit Ganyu, so it was no surprise that she was able to finish all the lotus crisps and half of the noodles herself.

“You want some, Miss Hutao? They’re free, no coupons needed,” Y/N teased the funeral parlor director as she scoffed down her second black bun.

Hutao snorted in annoyance, “That’s nice of you, I guess.” She rolled her eyes.

Y/N poured her full attention to feasting on the various foods Xiangling had served her. They tasted amazing!

“Can you please add the bill to my mummy’s? She’ll pay for them,” The toddler requested incoherently as she was still busy chewing her food.

“Oh yeah, sure, Y/N. You don’t need to worry about money yet, let your mum pay for them,” Xiangling answered. She wasn’t a fan of Ningguang, but she recently found out that Wanmin Restaurant was mostly funded by the lady herself. She had no choice but to be nice to her.

The girl smiled meekly. Don’t worry, huh... That’s really nice to hear. I had to worry about it in my past life since mum passed away...

She shook her head, “Okay, thank you for the meal!” Y/N bowed her head slightly towards the female chef.

“You’re welcome, little one!” Xiangling replied, her hands busy cleaning the dirty dishes.

“Miss Hutao, want to come with me to Bubu Pharmacy?” Y/N asked calmly.

“Ugh, the zombie is going to be there. No thanks...” Hutao refused, her vision glowing bright red.

“You’re not slaying my friend Qiqi, no. Never,” Y/N spoke, eyeing the woman’s vision. [#protectqiqi 😤]

The girl was smart enough to figure out that Hutao’s burst was ready. If she comes along with her to Bubu Pharmacy, she’s going to slaughter Qiqi the first second she sees the zombie.

“Okay then. Anyways, work is calling me, young one. Bye-bye!” Hutao dashed out of the restaurant with the ghost in hand.

Y/N giggled at the cheeky individual and waved her right hand at her.

(i didn't forgetttttt :>)

PS: tenk yew for all the views, comments and votes! the comments especially made my day since most of them r funny hehehhe.

special shout-out to KatherineHuynh5! i have no freakin idea why i can’t tag you, wattpad keeps stopping whenever i’m trying to add you :”D