Chapter Seven

𝐀 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐧𝐠

“𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒚.”

“Do you have a name?” Ningguang asked the child curiously. It was obviously a rhetorical question, as the child probably couldn’t even answer her question.

Y/N ignored Ningguang’s question and continued to chew on a delicious dish Ningguang’s secretary had brought. Ningguang observed the child’s behaviour while devouring the food, it seemed like she hadn't eaten for quite a while now.

“Hm, interesting indeed. You seem to take quite a liking for Lotus Flower Crisps while other kids prefer to throw them across the table,” Ningguang commented at the child eating on her lap.

Y/N clapped happily at Ningguang’s words, taking them as a compliment, and laughed joyously while eating her lotus crisps.

Ningguang couldn’t help but smile when the child’s laughter rang in her ears. She clasped the little fingers securely in her palm and let the child continue eating.

•-•

“So, why did you invite me here? You have some other things for me to investigate?” Keqing interrogated the woman who was already sitting with a baby on her lap. She proceeded to sit on the furthest seat from the storyteller in Third-Round Knockout, she hated hearing those fairytale nonsense of his.

“And Third-Round Knockout? With her? Half of Liyue may have already known about her,” Keqing drank her cup of tea that was already served before she arrived.

“I do have an investigation for you, relating to this little lady right here,” Ningguang patted the child’s head softly.

“Go on,” Keqing encouraged the older woman.

“We need to find her identity, Keqing. Go by yourself to Wuwang Hill and search up the place where you found her. It is important to keep it private if you do find something,” Ningguang explained her purpose for inviting Keqing to Xinyue Kiosk.

Keqing groaned at the mention of Wuwang Hill. She really hated doing investigations there, the place was spooky even to her. She only went there if it was something urgent.

“Do I really have to?” Keqing eyed the woman beside her again.

Ningguang calmly sipped her tea, “You don’t have a choice now, do you?”

Keqing frowned and internally cursed at Ningguang’s answer. Ningguang was the Tianquan, Head of the Liyue Qixing who ruled all over the Nation of Geo. Everything was under her control, especially ones related to mora. Keqing had no choice but to obey her as her subordinate.

“I’ll take my leave in fifteen minutes, I want to get everything done before dawn comes,” Keqing finalized her decision.

Ningguang only hummed in agreement, occasionally checking on the child on her lap. Keqing took a peek at the child before standing up from the chair and saying goodbye to Ningguang. She then left Xinyue Kiosk to prepare for her sudden investigation.

Meanwhile, Y/N was still sitting comfortably on Ningguang’s lap, drinking her sweetened tea every once in a while. She wanted to hear the adults’ conversation too, but she got too distracted by her mini cup of sweetened tea. That was probably one of the side effects of her being a baby, she was very easily distracted.

Soon enough, Y/N felt Ningguang lifting her up from her lap. She snuggled into Ningguang’s warm body and fell asleep not long after.

(Thank you to yall who spent some time reading this wild imagination of mine! Appreciate the votes and views :3)