Chapter Thirty-Four

𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐇𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐨 [2].

“𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆.”

A/N: this is more like a filler chapter. It’s a continuation of the last chapter, but I divided them into two parts just in case they’re too long to read.

Little Y/N caressed Hutao’s cheeks gently, as to comfort the grieving director. It turned out that the woman was simply missing her grandfather’s presence in her life.

Y/N understood the feeling, she had felt the same when she lost her mother in the past life. It wasn’t something to be taken lightly as well, especially when the person lost was someone dear to you. The feeling would be the worst feeling to exist on planet earth.

“I’m fine now, kiddy. You best go outside, your friend must’ve been bored waiting for you to come out of my office all day,” Hutao suggested, though her arms reacted the opposite. They hugged Y/N’s little figure tighter, as if scared to let go of her sole comforter.

“Don’t worry, Mister is a nerd!” Y/N replied in her usual shrill voice, as to lighten up the gloomy atmosphere lingering inside the room.

“I can hear that, Y/N,” Xingqiu’s voice seeped through the small gap of the door, sounding offended at Y/N’s mild insult.

Y/N and Hutao laughed airily at Xingqiu’s response and Y/N hopped off Hutao’s lap before asking, “Did you see popsicle, Miss Hutao? We searched for him but he gone! Like poof!”

“You mean Chongyun?” Hutao giggled at the silly nickname Y/N mentioned to address Chongyun.

As an answer, Y/N nodded her head in anticipation, hoping that the director would know where to find her missing playmate.

“Hmm, if my ears were correct, me and my little Boo-Tao right here heard about his plans going to Wuwang Hill,” Hutao answered as she tried to recall her memories.

Y/N groaned and frowned, “That spooky place? Again?”

“Yep, to practice some exorcism, he said,” Hutao added. “Alright alright, off you go then, kiddy!” She ushered the girl outside her office and limped down onto the floor behind the closed door.

How, exactly, did people manage with grief and loss? It had been years since she last saw her loving grandfather. She could picture him trying to cheer her up in hard moments like this. But how was he supposed to do it when he’s… not even here?

The pain of losing someone so dear to you was unbearable. Hutao and lots others had been burying their endless sadness deep inside the bottomless pit of their heart.

She had thought about this and figured that she was one of the luckiest people alive. She had the ability to contact the realm of the dead. It was much of a helping hand, as she would be lonely most of the time. She just never showed the other side of her in front of people.

Are you missing me, the way I miss you every single cursed day I live upon?

She wondered if her grandfather was happy once he finally got to leave the troublesome world. He had come to her dreams once and said that the weight lifted off his shoulders for being non-existent in this world anymore was scarcely credible.

Was the burden to live a life really that heavy? He must’ve been so relieved, then.

She stared at her dimming vision and briskly wiped her tears. It probably sensed her sorrow. How she hated being so vulnerable.

She unclipped the shining pyro vision off her waist and chucked it across the room. How she loathed that thing. To her, the vibrant colored stone was more of a remembrance of her grandfather than a damned gift from the archons.

•-•

“Seven, ten, twenty-five, twelve.”

•-•

PS: appreciate all the views, comments and the votes! thank youuu ⊂⁠(⁠(⁠・⁠▽⁠・⁠)⁠)⁠⊃