Chapter Twenty-One

𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐌𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮

“𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔,” 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝑷𝒐𝒐𝒉, “𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕.”

“Why don’t you go with Miss Xiangling today, Y/N? She has lots of delicious foods there!” Ganyu persuaded the five-year-old who was sitting still on a brand new mini sofa that was recently placed in Ganyu’s office to accommodate the little girl.

“Nope. I here because I like Miss Ganyu,” Y/N answered, arms crossed in front of her chest.

“I know you like me but I’m afraid I can’t be disturbed today, Y/N. Look, there are two more huge piles of papers I need to work on,” Ganyu reasoned, patting the child’s head gently.

Y/N took a little peek at the piles of papers perched near Ganyu’s desk. She concluded that the half-adepti was going to work overtime again.

“I idea! We make a deal, Miss Ganyu!” The girl brightened up.

“Oohh, and what’s the deal, little missy?” Ganyu asked curiously.

“I go with Miss Xiangling today but you need to promise me you no work until sleep time again,” The girl generously offered. Usually, she would ask for a meal or a toy in return for doing something. This time, she didn’t ask anything for herself. Instead, she asked for Ganyu to not work overtime.

“Uhm, I don’t think that’s how it works, little one. I need to work overtime,” Ganyu countered.

“Then I no go to Miss Xiangling,” Y/N playfully stuck out her tongue at Ganyu and sat still on her sofa again.

Ganyu sighed heavily. She loved the girl’s visits more than anything, but in order to fully concentrate herself, she had to be alone. Y/N was a massive distraction for her as the child required attention every now and then.

A part of her wanted to let Y/N stay and spend time with her, but the other part said she needed to concentrate and work overtime tonight.

After a moment of hesitation, Ganyu finally made her decision, “Okay, I’ll pass working overtime today. But you promise to behave with Xiangling for me, alright?”

Y/N’s expression lit up and she launched herself towards Ganyu to give the woman her signature great bear hug. It was a simple expression of her gratitude that the woman agreed to her deal.

“You promise, right? You no lie to me?” Y/N offered her pinky finger to make a pinky promise with Ganyu.

“Wouldn’t break it for the world,” Ganyu replied as she entangled her own pinky to Y/N’s smaller one.

“Okay, I trust you! Bye-bye, Miss Ganyu!”

And with that, the girl disappeared on her doorway in a matter of seconds, running all the way to Wanmin Restaurant to meet Xiangling.

Ganyu pondered on whether to break the illegitimate deal she made with the little girl or not. She really had to work overtime again today. She could feel the piles of papers screaming her name right now.

Her mind unwittingly travelled to a little scene she witnessed a few days back.

- Flashback Starts -

“A promise is a promise, mummy! You can’t break it!” The little girl shouted at the top of her lungs.

“I know, Y/N, I know. But I can’t accompany you to play today..” Ningguang said.

“You have to! You must! You know, mummy, if you break it, a bigggg ice will hit you!” Y/N bawled in frustration, her face red from anger.

“And who said that, young lady?” Ningguang asked in confusion.

“Teucer did!”

“Who’s that, Y/N? Did you sneak out again?” Ningguang inspected.

“Oops,” The girl could only giggle at her mother’s suspicion, it was true after all. “Teucer is a weird boy. He acts like a spoiled kid, I despise him more than I despise Miss Hutao. And, he likes his brother a lot, like how much I like you, mummy! He said if you break a pinky promise, you’ll get hit with ice!” She explained in a mouthful.

“I may not know who this Teucer is, but stay away from him. What a bad influence.”

A few seconds flew by.

“Where did you get the word ‘despise’ from, sweetheart?” Ningguang inquired, her fingers smoothing down her daughter’s tangled hair.

“You say it a lot, mummy. Every time we go to a restaurant, you say this, ‘Anything that doesn’t have crabs in them, please. I despise them.’ Like that!” Y/N answered truthfully, lowering down her voice to mimic her mother’s voice.

- Flashback Ends -

Ganyu laughed to herself every time the scene came across her head. Ningguang had never been lectured by anyone but her daughter, and she was the first to do so.

“Miss Ganyu, I forgot something!” Ganyu heard the girl’s quiet whisper through her ears.

“I thought you went. What is it, Y/N?” She questioned.

Y/N quickly placed a sweet kiss on each of Ganyu’s cheeks and whispered, “Don’t tell anyone! It’s a little gift from me to you, Miss Ganyu. It’s because you are my third most favourite person!” The girl said bashfully. She then ran off to visit Xiangling.

It was decided then, the Cocogoat decided to not work overtime that day.

(I FORGOT TO CLICK PUBLISH JAJAJSJSJS IM SRY)

PS: thank you for all the views, comments, and votes luvsss! i originally thought this story won’t even have 100 views~