Chapter Eleven

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐲

“𝑨 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒅𝒂𝒚’𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄.”

It was the day after Ningguang first invited Y/N to watch the stars. Y/N didn’t remember going to bed again that night, so it was probably Ningguang who brought her back to bed.

“Hey, infant, wake up.”

Y/N knew this voice, it wasn’t Ningguang’s voice for sure. If it was Ningguang, she would’ve recognized it first thing right after she woke up. Y/N rolled herself further away from the person and snuggled in her warm blanket.

“Infant, get up. You’re getting your name today. Oh my God, Ningguang will blow herself at me if you don’t wake up on time!” The familiar voice said, the tone clearly panicking.

Y/N’s eyes flickered open to see the one and only purple woman. Yes, Keqing. She lit up immediately upon seeing Keqing; the woman hadn’t been able to visit her for days since her major accident, vice versa.

The two-year-old flung herself at Keqing almost immediately, she missed the purple woman too much. Keqing snickered a laugh at the child’s action while returning the friendly gesture, her purple waves bouncing lightly while doing so.

“Missed me, didn’t you?”

Y/N nodded her head gently as a ‘yes’ to Keqing’s question.

“Well, I missed you too. Last time I saw you, you could barely crawl on four, now you can already walk facilely on two. And, you are now officially the ‘Little Lady of Liyue Harbor’,” Keqing announced, giggling graciously as she rocked the now official ‘Little Lady’.

“Keqing, I told you to wake her up!” Another voice echoed through Y/N’s bedroom.

Y/N was visibly startled when someone boomed into her bedroom, thinking it was a bad person. Keqing turned around while Y/N peered at the person from behind Keqing’s shoulder. Once Ningguang entered her sight, Y/N pushed herself out of Keqing’s arms, excited to greet the workaholic lady standing in front of her.

Keqing had no choice but to release the girl on the wooden floor. The woman wasn’t jealous, instead, if anything, she was absolutely delighted with the fact that the fearful Tianquan was able to forge a loving bond with the newly found baby.

“I see you two have quite an adorable bond there,” Keqing complimented Ningguang, who was being showered with warm hugs and sloppy kisses from the little girl.

Ningguang laughed heartily, “She pushed me inside the bond.” She then pulled out an embroidered, white handkerchief to wipe all traces of water from the kisses given to her.

“Now, we must rush for the ceremony. The Yuehai Pavilion Secretary Ganyu will be present in the ceremony as well. Get ready quickly, Keqing. You don’t want to be late,” Ningguang reminded the younger woman as she elegantly got out of the room, with the child in arms.

Keqing flashed a sweet smile. Her mind thought about the old Ningguang, who used to be so cold and unbothered by any matter involving kids. She used to hate being around kids, the little humans just didn’t suit her impatient attitude. But now here she was, smiling all so warmly with a child in her arms.

(tbh idk where i’m going with this lolollolol)

PS : thankies for all the votes and views! they are greatly appreciated :>