Chapter Twenty-Five

𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮’𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

“𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒈𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒎𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍.”

Little Y/N had been contemplating whether to give the remaining glaze lilies to her mother or not. She was worried her mother wouldn’t like her small gift. However, while she was still busy thinking about that problem, another one came to mind.

Where did Qiqi go yesterday? She clearly remembered, Qiqi didn’t arrive in Ganyu’s office until the evening came. Did she get lost? She needed to check on her zombie friend today.

Problem number two solved, yet problem number one remained unanswered. Just as she was about to give up on her thoughts, a brilliant (not really) idea surfaced in the frontmost part of her brain.

Y/N hopped off her toddler chair in the living room and went out the gate of the Jade Chamber. If her younger self was scared of going down the Jade Chamber, then her older self would bravely travel down herself.

A few years back, she had always had either Ningguang, Keqing, or Ganyu to travel her down and up the Jade Chamber. She discovered that the weird, scary feeling was called ‘teleporting’. At the age of four, her mother decided to construct a special platform for her to travel up and down the Jade Chamber by herself.

Y/N stepped on the moving platform with the assistance of one of the Milleliths guarding the Jade Chamber. She calmly sat on the platform and let out a shaky breath. She was still in the process of getting accustomed to the moving platform, after all. She maintained her current sitting position until the platform stopped.

•-•

“Good morning, Mister Baizhu! Is Qiqi here?” Y/N bowed her head slightly at the green-haired man.

“Ah, the little lady has come to visit little Qiqi, it seems. Yes, Qiqi is currently in her room. You may go through the counter,” Baizhu informed her.

Y/N thanked the man and flashed in the counter, to the back of Bubu Pharmacy, where Qiqi’s room was located. She knocked on the gold-lined wooden door three times, and patiently waited for the person inside to open the door and welcome her.

The girl stood in front of the door for quite a long time, five minutes to be exact. But she was more than understanding of Qiqi’s condition. She huffed and puffed her cheeks in annoyance. How long did she have to wait? An hour?

Y/N banged on the door three more times, her patience was running thin. She would kick the darnin’ door open if Qiqi decided not to appear in the next two minutes.

Well, luckily, Y/N didn’t have to do that as she saw strands of purple emerging from behind the door. “Oh, hello… Y/N. I.. am Qiqi.”

“Morning! I know you’re Qiqi, I remember!” Y/N beamed at the sight of her best friend.

“Remember? Hmm.. Qiqi doesn’t remember,” Qiqi muttered, her finger on her chin.

“Umm, yes I think you no remember. But I can remember for you!” Y/N said again, displaying her toothy grin at Qiqi.

Qiqi didn’t say anything afterwards, so Y/N thought she should just welcome herself in Qiqi’s room. She barged past the zombie and launched herself on Qiqi’s bed.

“Why you no go to Miss Ganyu’s place yesterday?” Y/N started the conversation, fidgeting her finger as she did.

“I.. forgot.. Y/N left Qiqi alone… And Qiqi forgot..” The zombie paused before continuing, “Then... Qiqi.. went home.”

“Why that was a boring story,” Y/N commented loudly once Qiqi finished her explanation. It was meant to sound sarcastic, but she knew beyond well that the zombie wouldn’t react to it.

Y/N silently patted the space beside her on the bed, beckoning at Qiqi to lay beside her. Qiqi complied with her wish this time, and slammed her body on the bed, beside Y/N.

“Are you bored, Qiqi?”

“Qiqi… is not bored. Y/N is Qiqi’s friend.. so Qiqi is not.. bored.”

Y/N sighed audibly, she held Qiqi’s ice cold hand. She loved her best friend, of course. Had Qiqi not lived in the city, she would have been stranded alone with those boring, uneducated, spoiled-rotten children. Qiqi was the only one she enjoyed spending time with. Although at first, she found it a little bit hard accepting a zombie as a friend.

“Why are you Qiqi’s friend.. Y/N?” The question escaped Qiqi’s mouth.

Y/N’s gaze fell on her friend’s figure. She mulled over the sudden question fired at her. Taking her eyes off Qiqi, she stared at the ceiling before answering the question.

“I don’t know... You’re my friend, so you’re my friend. Urgh you asking me a hard question! You know I never pay attention to what Mummy or Aunt Ganyu or Aunt Keqing taught me! They’re spitting nonsense I already know...” The girl grumbled.

Strange answer.. Qiqi thought in her head. All the zombie did was ask a simple question, and as a result, she got a not-that-long, incomprehensible answer. Well, incomprehensible at least for her.

“I’m Qiqi’s friend because I care for Qiqi. So I care for you because you my friend, Qiqi!” Y/N said again, her face looked oddly serious.

Qiqi swore question marks were floating and rotating in her head like a carousel.

Despite the zombie’s state of perplexion, Qiqi only replied meekly, “Ow.. kay..”, as Y/N pulled her into another friendly hug.

It felt unconditionally warm, and Qiqi loved it.

•-•

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2022!! ALL THE BEST FOR ALL OF YOU THIS YEAR! <333 🎉🎉🎊🎊

I’m sorry I’m a bit late hehehhee :D

I swear I love you guys. This ✨thing✨ had received more than I could ever ask for!! Reads, views, comments, everything!

I pray for all of your New Year’s resolutions or whatever you hope to happen or have in the future to come true. You can drop them here if you want :D

PS: I’m still reading to your comments but I don’t reply to all of them hehehe

Another PS: anyone knows what’s the anime of the gif i put? They look real cute ( •͈ᴗ•͈)