Chapter Sixteen

𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐈𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐡𝐮 𝐈𝐧𝐧

“𝑰𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅.”

“Whaddya think, little one? Tall, yeah?” Keqing asked, staring at the fairly tall building standing in front of her with Y/N holding onto her right pinky.

The child whined half way to Wangshu Inn, so Keqing figured letting the child walk and explore by herself was the right thing to do.

Y/N’s tiny mouth gaped at the sight, making her appearance ten times more adorable.

Keqing giggled at Y/N’s reaction. “That was my first reaction too when I first got here. Let’s head in!”

Y/N tightened her grip on Keqing’s thumb, feeling nervous of meeting new people in a new environment. It wasn’t her thing.

A while later, they were already on a moving platform that Keqing called ‘lift’. Y/N’s mind floated to her past life, when it was called an elevator. I guess that’s the same…

“Ugh, this lift is taking waayyy too long. If I was travelling alone, I would be flying around with my stiletto by now,” Keqing groaned.

Y/N spaced out. An unknown, yet familiar voice echoed in her head.

“It’s for your safety.”

“I love you, goodbye, baby.”

Whose voice was that? All of a sudden, Y/N’s head felt incredibly heavy. It wasn’t a regular headache she was having.

“Kid! Y/N!”

The girl snapped out of her thoughts, looking at Keqing, who seemed to be worrying over her.

“Up,” Y/N muttered, her voice feeble like a sick person.

Keqing didn’t seem to catch the child’s request until Y/N repeated frustratedly, “Up!”

“Ah, of course. You must be exhausted, little one,” Keqing immediately carried the child’s tiny figure. Oddly, the girl’s body temperature clearly didn’t match the weather in the inn. Her body was freezing cold while the weather inside the inn was supposed to be warm enough to melt a hunk of ice.

Keqing was getting really concerned about the girl’s condition, maybe she wasn’t accustomed to travelling to far places from Liyue Harbor. She sped over to talk to Verr Goldet, the inn’s owner and boss.

Verr Goldet, upon seeing the child’s condition, quickly proceeded to find Keqing an empty room. Her eyes travelled here and there, checking papers for an empty room in the inn.

“I’m very sorry, Lady Keqing, but all the rooms are booked. Although we do have a ‘special’ room for emergencies like this,” Verr Goldet said.

“Anything will do, and please drop the formalities, thank you,” Keqing replied hastily.

“As you wish. Please follow me,” Verr Goldet left the cashier and jogged downstairs.

They went through several levels before Verr Goldet finally stopped in front of a single door on the second lowest floor. There was only one door on the floor and Keqing assumed it was the only room there. Verr Goldet was about to knock when Keqing instantly barged in the room.

If only the woman knew who was behind the door, she would’ve let Verr Goldet knock on the wooden door first. She didn’t expect the certain someone to be there as Verr Goldet said it was an emergency room and Keqing thought it was an empty room.

The Yuheng’s eyes widened at the sight. “Ehm, uh, uhm, I didn’t expect you to live… here?”

(thank you for 4k! HWHRHWHAHHAHEHWHAHWHSA)