Chapter Four

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 [𝐈𝐈]

“𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆.”

Y/N was busy babbling towards the purple woman, who completely ignored her as she couldn’t comprehend a single thing the baby was babbling about. She was actually telling stories about her father, how he was so mean to her, how he tortured her, everything. She thought it would be a great idea to do so, given the purple woman couldn’t understand her anyways.

“Lady Keqing, we might encounter hilichurls’ camps in the wild like this. I am fervently concerned for the child’s safety,” One of the Milleliths suddenly said worriedly.

Oh, so her name is Keqing. Hm, interesting name.

Y/N shifted a little in Keqing’s arms before pointing and babbled at the Millelith who spoke earlier. She was telling him not to worry because they will arrive in the Liyue Harbor place soon, when she wasn’t even familiar with anything here.

Keqing turned around to face him and said, “Seems like the child is telling you not to worry, Sergeant Fengyan.”

“You are one smart baby, I see. You’re all safe as long as I am with you. Hm, I like you but not any other children,” Keqing chuckled at Y/N and tickled the child’s tummy, prompting her to laugh uncontrollably.

The Millelith who Y/N identified as Sergeant Fengyan only nodded at Keqing’s words, he couldn’t talk back to her.

Halfway through the journey to the place called Liyue Harbor, Y/N felt sleepy. She held on to one of Keqing’s fingers, desperately trying to stay awake. But her effort grew no fruits as she slowly dozed off to a deep slumber with unicorns and candy lands, hopefully.

•-•

The baby woke up to the sound of adults’ chattering and children’s yelling; has she arrived in the place called Liyue Harbor? Her eyes fluttered open and she was greeted by purple hair all spreaded all over her face.

Y/N wriggled uncomfortably in Keqing’s arms. Keqing noticed the child’s discomfort and so she decided to place the tiny human on her arms in a sitting position, so the child could see their surroundings freely.

Y/N sat cozily on Keqing’s arms as she looked around, astonished by the new environment she was in. It was like one of those cities in the suburbs. Children ran here and there, playing tag or hide and seek with each other and shop owners promoting their shops in loud voices. The unfamiliar place offered her so many interesting things, and the first thing that attracted Y/N’s attention was the small pond in the middle of the square.

Keqing looked at the child in her arms and smiled lightly when she saw her eyes sparkling with excitement. The woman suddenly heard a grumble from below her, and she wondered what it was.

Y/N looked up at Keqing embarrassedly and rubbed her tummy, signalling that she was hungry. Keqing chuckled at the baby and announced in a low voice, “We are going to meet someone first, someone really important. We can fill up our stomachs there, I’m starving as well.”

Y/N clapped her hands cheerily as she agreed to meet the someone Keqing mentioned.

(yahooo thank youuu to -FelicityDawn- for voting last three chapters! love ya lots)