▪︎DORA IS DEAD

WARNING:

WARNING:

I had said this once but I'll say it again.

If you are uncomfortable with dark and mature themes then

I believe this book is not for you

because there will be no trigger warnings before chapters for plot twist reasons.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━ '(⊬/⋏), ⍙⏃☍⟒ ⎍⌿. ⟟'⋔ ⊑⟒⍀⟒.'

You woke up to a slight headache. Your hair was tangled in a mess and your eyelids threatened to shut, but the loud muffled crowd of footsteps kept you awake.

Curiosity peaked, you were tempted to leave your bed and investigate the commotion outside your door but your body felt as if it was attached to the mattress of the bed you lied on. It was hard for you to move from your comfortable spot but, for the sake of halting your forever growing curiosity, you slothfully rose and did a quick morning routine.

You swiftly grabbed your coat before heading out of your room to see what was going on but stopped immediately, almost running into a tall young boy with fully white hair, standing with both of his eyes closed. You weren't sure if he always walked around with his eyes closed, but after watching him for a few moments, you noticed Alex standing beside him.

Alex looked uncharacteristically serious and intimidating. He seemed to be completely focused on the boy at his side. If this had been the first time you saw him, without talking to him, you wouldn't have been able to tell he was an easy-going guy.

Despite the crowd who seemed to be guarding the young boy in the center, you saw a similar figure to the boy in the corner of your eye except with fully black hair and green eyes. He ran to a corner of the hallway and you followed him.

He was running pretty fast, making it almost seem as if he was teleporting. You continued to chase him until you found yourself alone in a dark corner of wherever the boy had led you. You squinted into the gloom, then saw two bright green eyes and realized it was the same boy you followed. He turned his head around and saw you.

"Hey-" you called out but his breath hitched and his form suddenly glitched into nothing before disappearing completely.

'Fuck, was he a hologram?' You questioned yourself.

You stood there in the dark place for a minute, confused until the room lit up and you looked around, wary that someone else was there with you. Despite feeling like someone was nearby, no one was there other than... patches?

"What are you doing here...?" You questioned, muttering under your breath.

The tortoiseshell cat that had appeared out of nowhere walked right past you, focused on wherever it planned on going to which you followed. Slowly moving further into the room, the cat had led you to none other than Dream, sitting quietly on the tiled floor. A durable polycarbonate containment cell in the back corner of the room kept Dream locked behind the clear walls, staring down at the floor. Hell, you were very creeped out.

"Dream...?" You asked under your breath.

He was silent. Everything about him felt mysterious and dangerous that not even the cat dared to stand close by him. He wasn't wearing a mask anymore, instead, a muzzle strap had replaced the eerie smile of the mask around his head and was attached to his collar, keeping him from speaking.

You wanted to know what he was thinking, or rather, plotting. Creeped out, you started taking a few steps back but his head snapped up, staring at you with those green glowing eyes. You freeze on the spot at his sight, not knowing if you should run, but deciding to slowly approach him instead.

'Would it be a good idea to know what he is thinking about?'

You contemplate to yourself, mentally panicking at what to do while staring back at him, trying to look fierce in the hopes of intimidating him with your presence. He instead slammed his fist onto the plastic wall between you, catching you off guard and stopping your train of thought. A small chuckle left his lips which slowly turned into insane laughter as if he had lost his mind. Then again, there was a high possibility that he had.

'You're one to think' He conveyed his words through sign language, standing upright from his previous position on the floor.

At this rate, you didn't know if it were a fortune or a misfortune that you could understand sign language. You could feel him smile sinisterly behind the muzzle strap on him.

"Tch, that's brave of you to say when you're the one locked inside a box." You exclaimed, feigning confidence and trying to display visible irritation to hide the fear bubbling inside of you.

You walked forward, closer to him while flashing a smirk. Your feet mirrored his stance and you traced the outline of his arm upwards on the transparent cell with a hand.

"Especially after looking so desperate for my kiss, you probably should keep your own stance." You crooned, laying your hand on the screen of the cell.

The feeling of finally having dominance over the figure standing in front of you felt so great, so victorious and it felt as if fear had never existed. You felt so in control instead of weak and it was a nice change. But it didn't last, with your smirk falling when you heard a muffled chuckle from him.

'I like how feisty you are.' He signed arrogantly.

'But I bet you wouldn't even be the same once I get out of here.' He continued, and your eyes glared upwards at him.

'You know, I only did that because I needed more of your information. Ever since then, I realized I wasn't even nearly attracted to you.' He signed.

"Then what is it then? Why do you always look for me?" You asked.

A moment of silence crept in as the tension between the two of you started growing stronger. As Dream started to raise his hands to reply, the lights went off and the place turned pitch black. It was so dark, you could barely see anything except his glowing green eyes. He stared at you for a few more moments, until he closed his eyes and it was almost as if he was gone.

Not long later, after your eyes had adjusted a bit, you noticed a darker shadow in the distance, but they weren't looking in your direction. You headed in the direction in which the figure stood until you saw a flash of yellow. Your eyes instantly lit up, thinking it was the blonde boy you knew.

"Tommy!"

"I-I'm sorry, who?"

Created on 15 June 2021
Edited on 9 July 2021
Edited by LinguineLucy @hanamocha

I don't know what some (soon to be featured) characters are like so they might be out of character sometimes.

- hanamocha (07/15/21)