▪︎SMACK MY ASS LIKE A DRUM, VEE

━━━━ WALKING ONCE AGAIN,

You swear you had probably walked hundreds of kilometers if you had to count though, at least despite how long and tiring it had felt, you were no longer alone in this journey.

"We never got to know each other that well." You said, starting a conversation.

"So, explain... who are you?" You asked.

"I'm Georgenotfound. Period." He answered shortly, not wanting to continue the conversation any further.

"Oh come on, you act all confused when I didn't know who you were. Why not brag about it now, huh?" You stated, trying to convince him to say something more.

He sighed heavily at your words, rolling his eyes that soon landed on yours. He couldn't help but feel guilty over your pleading eyes and he groaned in response, shy and embarrassed

because he never really had this much attention from anyone before and he didn't know why he suddenly liked the one you're giving.

"I'm... a hacker... you can say that no one could ever find me and when they do, they'll usually use me for bad deeds. Everyone who searched for me already knows who I am, so the fact you found me without knowledge of who I am confused me." He explained but his answer had only led you to more questions.

"So you do like those coding shit from the movies?" You asked.

"Uhm, they're pretty inaccurate but you could say that..." He responded.

"Hm..." You hummed in thought as you remembered the memories of feeling isolated and lonely during your time in RE:LIFE without seeing anyone for a while.

"Your life must have felt pretty lonely and exhausting for being on the run all the time, huh?" You questioned.

He bit his lower lip, feeling slightly hesitant at your words. "Why did you think that?" He asked.

"I don't but I have felt part of it by experience." You answered.

He started to feel an unfamiliar sense of comfort in his chest as it surprised him to finally have someone understanding him, but there was also a bitter feeling to the sweetness. You made him feel like memories of how much time he had wasted isolating and distancing himself from everything for far too long.

Wanting to find a change of topic, the small hovering device came back into his sight just on time and he looked at it once again with furrowed eyebrows.

"So," You blurted, breaking the silence between the two of you. "Are we in the right place?" You continued.

"Sort of..."

"Sort of?" You repeated his answer, raising a brow at him in confusion.

"I just can't put my finger on where he is. Is your tracker still not working?"

You took out the reactor you had kept inside the pocket of the coat and turned it sideways, activating a hologram to be projected only for it to have a bold label 'NO SIGNAL' sign written across it.

"Well, fuck." He cussed, looking at the hologram before you turned the reactor off.

"What about we just take a break for a moment?" You suggested.

The both of you sat down, hiding from everyone else in an alleyway.

"I don't get it... His place should be right around here somewhere... maybe I'm just not seeing it right." He mumbled, arguing to himself in frustration.

As another moment of silence slowly caved back in, George perked as an idea came to his mind.

"(Y/N), give me the reactor and the bracelet." He announced.

"Are you trying to escape?" You contemplated, eyeing him with suspicion.

"I promise I'll only leave when I succeed in taking you there, now trust me." He declared and you passed him both the device and the bracelet with confusion still remaining on your face.

He then circled the bracelet around the reactor, connecting them perfectly and turning it sideways, causing him to winch in full pain afterward and drop the device out of his hand immediately.

"George!" You yelled, looking at him with eyes filled with worry as you tried to examine his current state.

"I-I'm fine... just check the fucking reactor." He said but you were still concerned about his well-being.

He slowly regained his strength back and pushed you away from him while reaching for the reactor. The map was fully shown once again.

It was shown that you had arrived at the destined location but you saw nothing there at all. No doors, and no places in between the gap of the building.

George gazed around his surroundings, his eyes soon landing on a window. Oddly enough, there was only one window. He was certain that was where the guy was located.

Unexpectedly, George had one arm under your legs and the other supporting your back.

"Close your eyes if you're afraid of heights." He warned and not a second to waste, he ran to the side of the building, defying gravity and reaching the window.

The small hovering device then unlocked it within a second or two and he jumped inside it.

The two of you were now in a small empty room with only gray and white interiors, the base looked futuristic and minimal in a way. He placed you down gently as you landed on your feet and he collapsed onto the ground, short of breath.

He was having trouble breathing and you panicked.

Gas started to leak from the room itself and your eyelids slowly got heavier and heavier as they covered your vision.

While you still had some leftover consciousness, you spotted a shadowy figure entering the room with a gas mask.

But before you could react, you had fainted.

Created on 7 July 2021
Edited on 13 December 2021
Edited by conyoizana @hanamocha