▪︎AT A TIME LIKE THIS

━━━━ "⊑⟒⌰⌰⍜"

━━━━ "⊑⟒⌰⌰⍜"

You gasped for air as you quickly shot up from the bed of the guest room. Leaning over the bed with his hands held awkwardly out in front of him was the same boy you had met back at RE:LIFE. Two bright green eyes and midnight black hair. You remembered his name was Ranboo.

"Sorry for making you wake up..." He apologized.

"How... how the fuck are you here?" You asked, surprised and confused by his presence.

"This is only a mindscape, so I'm not physically here. You're technically still sleeping back in reality." He explained.

'This is getting freaky...' you thought to yourself, but the thought echoed across the room.

"It is but you'll get used to it the second time," he said, replying to your thought.

"So, you're the guy who's been speaking this weird language with me?" You asked.

"It's an ancient language actually. I've been trying to send you messages recently..." He said. "I'm not human - if you can't tell. I'm a synthetic product technically, but also still a living being. I'm currently dividing my conscious and unconscious mind to talk to you." He explained.

"You're not really making any much sense..." You said to him.

"It's hard to understand the concept of it anyway..." He claimed.

"So the white-haired boy... was walking next to Quackity with his eyes closed... is that technically you?"

"It is. That is my physical body set on some kind of autopilot while my mind is doing other work. Not everyone can see the other half of me but I'm not surprised you can." He explained.

"So no one else knows you could see you?" You asked and he shook his head from left to right, indicating that no one knows.

"Why did you choose to come and talk with me then?" You asked

"The book I gave you... they're my notes... I can travel to different universes, but the only catch life gave me was that I can't remember a single thing from it - so I'll usually have to write down everything that I experience immediately after," he said.

"Are you some kind of Doctor Strange?" You asked him - half-jokingly, cocking a brow.

"I wish, but I have to experience different universes myself to see the outcomes and I can't stop going into different dimensions whether I like it or not," he said. "This... story I'm placed in... I absolutely hate it. Whoever wrote this story - so many things could go in different directions and almost none of them seem to have pretty endings," he continued.

"What story?"

"I see every dimension as stories... some in which you exist, some in which you don't." He explained.