𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

"Kristine."

In all my life, I've never heard a voice this low. It was deep, quite husky and had a strong Italian accent. He had short, wavy brown hair, sad blue eyes and defined cheekbones. An Italian beauty to be specific. 

"I was wondering if I'll see you again", I said - staring into his eyes. He had those sad eyes which urge you to hug him and never let him go. 

"We only met last night, you'll have the rest of the school year to see me walking around these halls. Or did you already miss me after less than 24 hours?" He smirked.

"Aren't you the one who stopped me walking? If anything, you missed me", I answered simply. We were both having an eye staring contest and both had a straight face on.

"Last night in the garden, thank you", I said to him.

"Why would you thank me?", he asked, now leaning his side against the wall in the hallway. Hands stuffed in his coat pocket as he stared and waited for my answer. 

I walked towards him and leaned my side against the wall too, facing him. Slowly, I laid the side of my head on the wall, my eyes never leaving his.

"For not leaving me alone when I was broken", I replied. It came out almost like a whisper, but he was close enough to hear it. 

He didn't say anything. He blinked, slowly, and his eyebrows furrowed. He was trying to read me, but that wasn't possible. Not entirely.

"How could you be broken, Kristine La Cartier?", he asked softly. 

I know right . . . How could I?

I lifted my head off the wall and leaned my face towards his, but not too close. "I could be and you wouldn't know it", I answered before sidestepping him and walking away.

You could call it a gift, but I knew when someone was just as damaged as I was. 

He was. 

❇❇❇

"Wow." That was the first word that came from my mouth once I entered the Platinum lounge room. 

It was way more modern than my expectations. The entire building and this room looked like two different places. I walked towards the middle of the room, slowly, turning 360 to take in the modern grey interior.

"Is this even part of the building?", I muttered. 

For a lounge room, this was really big. A flat-screen TV, multiple grey couches, a modern fireplace and  ceiling-high bookshelves. It even had its own mini kitchen. Not for cooking of course. There was a marble counter with a sink built into it. Few pristine cabinets and a large pantry. I opened the pantry and it was full of various different snacks.