𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟗

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕭𝖆𝖑𝖑: 1

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

I whimpered at the feeling of coldness hitting my cheeks, so I buried my face deeper into the closest warmth and breathed out a sigh of content. My body clung onto the source of that warmth and my arms hugged around tighter. I felt a tingle on the back of my hand, soft and brief. My eyelids were heavy, however, with some effort, I was able to peel them open and that's when I noticed my body wasn't on the ground. It was being carried on Ashton's back. 

"Ashton?", I called, softly, my voice thick with the calling of sleep. 

His head jerked at the sound of my voice, turning towards the side. "Did I wake you, lovely?"

I yawned and instead asked, "Where are we going?"

Ashton's lips momentarily brushed my cheek before he replied, "Home. I have to take you home, lovely. The weather's not on our side tonight." And that's when I heard it. The fierce rumble that boomed through the night sky. I looked up to find the stars had been replaced by thick clouds that not long from now will heavily cry. Looks like it's another rainy night. 

I dropped my head down to Ashton's shoulder, my eyes falling shut when I groggily asked, "Where is home?"

Faintly, I heard the thunder roar in the distance mixed with the sound of Ashton's steps on the sidewalk, followed by his controlled breathing. It was nice to hear things every once in a while. Even if it's silence you think you hear, listen again. You can hear everything. Even if it's your own breathing, your own heart beat, you can hear it all. I sometimes wish to hear anything other than utter silence, it feels less lonely. With Ashton, silence is something that barely comes because if I listen a little more properly, in the silence I could hear the sound of his breathing and that's alright with me. 

I may have been sleepy but my own question kept replaying in my head, "Where is home?". 

However, I guess the proper question would be "What is home?"

Whatever it is, I miss it. 

"I was dreaming", I ended murmuring in pure daze, how the hell can someone's shoulder be so comfortable? If my heavy lidded eyes weren't already a clue, I must've been really tired.

Ashton must've not expected my question so I felt his inaudible chuckle before softly he asked, "What were you dreaming about, lovely?"

For the second time, I yawned. I can't even imagine what time it must be now. We've definitely stayed passed our curfew, that's for sure. "I was dreaming . . about us." Ok I was sleepy, not drunk, but I may as well have sounded like I had a little too much to drink. I barely get drunk but I know that when I am, I could possibly spill out every single drop that was flooding my thoughts. "We were swimming in some water somewhere. The water was clear and . . . blue. So blue, it's beautiful. Almost as blue as your eyes." My lips curved into a dazed smile. "We were having the time of our lives. We were free."