𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟐

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

Knock knock

My eyes flew open. I groaned while I turned to look at the time on my bedside table clock, it was 9:30 am. 

 I must've been quite tired.

Knock knock

I peeled the blanket off me, pushed my legs off the bed and walked towards the door. Once I reached it, I looked through the peephole. It was my butler. I pulled open the door. 

"Good morning, Ms La Cartier", he chuckled at the end when he saw me yawn and I covered my mouth with the back of my hand as I did. 

"Good morning." I smiled. My eyes drifted towards the large gold tray he held in his hands. "What's this?"

"Somebody ordered you breakfast miss", he said with a sly smile. 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Who?"

He shrugged his shoulders with that smile lingering on his lips. Then, I realised he was still holding that heavy tray of food. 

"Oh sorry! Here let me take that." I reached out for the tray.

"I can leave it on your desk miss."

"It's fine. It's a tray of food, I can manage", I said and he passed me the tray of breakfast goods. 

"Have a nice day miss", he said in a lightened tone.

"You too."

He gave me one last smile before turning away to walk down the stairs. I balanced the tray in one hand while I closed the room door. 

I walked back to my bedroom - stepped outside into the large balcony and placed the breakfast tray on the outdoor glass coffee table. Fortunately, it wasn't very sunny - I could have my breakfast out here. My eyebrows furrowed. Who ordered me breakfast?

On the gold tray, there was a plate of stacked mixed berries pancakes, a plate with a croissant and cinnamon bun on it. A plate of bacon and eggs and a bowl of fruit salad. But what caught my eye was a rolled-up piece of paper placed by the edge of the golden tray. I took the paper and untied the gold ribbon. Once I untied it, I unrolled the paper and my mouth opened ajar in awe. 

On the piece of paper was a sketched drawing of the academy's horse stable. Every detail was done so beautifully. There was a drawing of a fine horse inside the stable. I traced my fingers over the horse and smiled.

There's only one person I know who would send me this.

At the bottom corner of the sketch, there were words written.

𝗪𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲?

My smile broadened.