𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟏

A STORY IS A MIXTURE OF REALITY AND MAGIC.

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

Officially, a week has passed since the deal was made. Many things took place within these seven days and I knew there was so much more to come. 

I walked up the stairs to my room after having lunch in the hall. 

ON-CALL

Me:

May we please reschedule?

Paullette:

You can't make it?

Me:

There are about three weeks left until half term, meaning exams are coming up. I should stay here.

My eyes landed on something in front of my door. On its own accord, my lips parted at the sight of a beautiful white rose in a glass dome. In addition, there was a full-black packaging box with a ribbon beneath the dome. 

Paulette:

You sure that's the only reason you want to stay?

I can only imagine the smirk on her face. I kneeled down to see there was a note inside the dome along with the flower. I took hold of the glass dome - balancing it on top of the box before standing back up.

Me:

You know it's not. I just . . . really want to be here Paulette. But I understand if we can't reschedule, I'll come -

While I balanced the phone between my shoulder and ear, I unlocked my room door before stepping in. 

Paulette:

No. It's fine, I'll take care of it. Focus on your studies for now and you know . .  teenager stuff.

I smiled.

Me:

Thank you.

Paulette:

Of course. You work too hard anyway. I'll update you once I've got something.

Me:

Great, thank you so much Paulette.

Once I hung up the phone, I took a seat on the couch and examined the cloche. There's a note inside. I set the box aside, placed the dome on my lap and pulled off the glass lid. I took out the note with my name written on it in cursive, and flipped it over to see a written message.