Trip😊

I somehow managed to console Ishita and urged her to fight for her love. She was sad at first but later her mood cheered up. Even I too felt so relieved and calm after pouring my thoughts to someone. Why didn't I even try talking about my feelings to anyone? Atleast I should have shared them to Divya and Swetha. Maybe if I had done that I would have felt so better back then. But I can't help. During my schooldays I literally felt like I was just one of those fan girls running behind a celebrity. I would have felt so bad if my friends teased me for eyeing on everyone's prince charming and maybe they wouldn't even take me seriously.

Whatever. Now there is no use of thinking these things. I cried a lot today and suddenly I felt like I should do something today. Initially I thought of playing Ludo but none of my friends were online. So I decided on reading some books. Abhi and Vivek have left the study so there was no one else. I soon started going though the covers of different books. For me it's always the covers that attract me towards a book. Finally I found an attractive one. As a result of my roughness in  handling the book, it slipped out of my hand. I bent down to take the book but something else caught my attention.

This box?
Where have I seen it?
I have seen it recently. I put my brain to work and tried to recollect that day. Oh it was the same box that Abhi took away from the room on our first day.

I moved the box towards me. It was wrapped with beautiful decorative papers but the box was locked. Still through its side glass I could see some stuffs inside.

Were this his old precious playthings? My curiosity was fueling up.
As I looked closer I could see a pair of small baby shoes inside it. But the funny thing was that it was not the one used by boys. It was clearly a girl's. I couldn't see the design clearly as the glass was a bit blurry.

After giving it a shake, other things could be seen, something like a chain?

And there were other rubbishes too like rubber, wrappers, a little umbrella etc. And then...

A girl's hair band?

Why was Abhi storing these items in a typical treasure box that no one can access? And that too a girl's items!

My mind was getting into a mess thinking about wierd possibilities. Was these his first love's? Sedha's? Why should he still treasure these stuffs till now. Don't you know that you have a wife now Abhi? You can't be treasuring the old remnant of your past love!

"Siya" A somewhat harsh voice reached my ears.

Just then Abhi entered the room and dashed towards me grabbing the box away from my hand.

" Why are you looking towards these old stuffs. "

"Abhi I..." I was trying to explain but no words were coming out of my mouth. What should I say? Should I say sorry that I rummaged though his things without his permission? But in reality I was not sorry.

"Siya I don't like someone going through my stuff. " My heart clenched hearing that. There was a sign of hurt in his voice along with the harsh words. Why should he be the one with a pained expression. I am clearly the one in pain.

" Sorry. This won't happen again " without saying another word I left the study and returned to our room.

I don't know how to explain how I was feeling. I felt like a stranger. I thought he was accepting me into his life. But the words he said now pointed how insignificant I was in his life.

No I shouldn't be lije like this. Soon there will come a day when he will talk about everything to me. I will just wait for it.

Writer's pov