Trip - 2

Sedha. She was the reason for the very feeling of bitterness inside Siya. Sedha was everywhere she didn't want her to be, especially beside Abhi! What exactly did this girl want!?

Even though Gujju the bunny added as a distraction to her thoughts, Siya couldn't help but look sideways every other minute to see what the other duo were up to. Even Dhanya and Swetha could feel the tension radiating off of their dear friend.

What do they have so much to talk about!? Siya thought bitterly as her lips pressed into a thin line. But unknown to her, Abhi was taking every chance to look at Siya whenever she wasn't noticing in between. Sedha on the other hand kept mumbling about something, half of which he hadn't heard so he laughed it off.

Their first destination was to a magic planet in the city. In between the journey, the traveller bus stopped when the clock hit 10 am so that the kids could have food. When they got out, Siya once again noticed Abhi and Sedha walking together with some other boys towards the restaurant. She followed with Dhanya and Swetha.

When they got in, Siya took a seat which wasn't quite far away from theirs.

"I heard we'll be camping in tents for the night! Wouldn't that be awesome?" Dhanya exclaimed happily.

"I know right!? Dad wouldn't otherwise let me outside late at night with any friends. This will be so cool!" Swetha smiled happily and so did Siya. She felt very lucky to have such adorable friends who stuck close to her. But still her heart felt empty without someone...

"Ugh, our miserly teachers as usual have ordered the worst food for us." Dhanya sighed, staring at the rotis and vegetable curry.

"Oh please don't tell me you expected chicken from them. They wont spend a paisa on us on their own, I swear!" Siya began munching on her food. Maybe it was due to irritation or the lack of an appetite but she rather finished it quickly this time.

"Hey, I'll be going to the washroom now." Siya told and the two girls nodded in between their eating session. She was the only one to reach there so she took her time to gently wash her hands... Upon doing so, she saw a new figure creeping behind her. Abhi!?

"Siya..." He called suddenly out of nowhere. She was startled to see him like that without any warning. Her heart thumped in excitement but then she reminded herself that she was mad at him.

"Here, do you want this?" He held up a cone of cornetto ice cream towards her. She was stunned. For a moment she forgot all her anger at him and felt her heart melt in happiness. But she quickly shook herself out of her dazed state. I have my pride too! Siya told to her mind.

"No... I don't want it Abhi." She gave him a disinterested smile. The pleasant expression on Abhi's face quickly faded away and was taken over by disappointment. He didn't expect her to disapprove ice cream out of everything. She loved it...

"Oh. Alright then." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and walked out of the washroom. Siya looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. Was it too much? He deserved it for ignoring me... But then she walked outside and saw an even dreadful sight! Abhi was handing over the ice cream to Sedha! She looked like Abhi had proposed her or something!

Oh no this couldn't be! What have I done!? Siya you idiot! You should've took it instead! She cursed herself a million times. With defeated shoulders, she walked in to see Swetha and Dhanya all done with their breakfast. She joined them helplessly and hopped into the bus.

The bus ride later on was quite sleepy. It was very late in the evening with little sunlight when they reached a forested mountain region with a lake nearby. The teachers joined the students in setting up tents for all of them. Siya was confused on where to start along with her friends but then the same person whom she was angry with came first to her. He was the first to finish his tent. It was well set and sturdy.

"Siya. Leave it, I've already set the tent for you guys." Abhi said proudly.

She was dumbfounded along with Swetha who passed her a knowing smirk.  Siya found herself blushing and speechless at the same time.

"T-Thanks Abhi..." She muttered in a soft voice but once again, Abhi found her distancing herself away from him. He felt like he had done a great crime.

Night came by very quickly and all the students who were done with the tents had their dinner and played some games around the campfire. Siya once again found herself staring at Sedha who wouldn't leave Abhi's side no matter what. She pursed her lips to a side and got up, feeling irritated. Later, Swetha and Dhanya also joined, feeling sleepy. It wasn't comfortable sleeping in a tent for the first time but the two friends found themselves fast asleep in a matter of minutes after countless mumbling. Siya was unable to do so, thinking about Abhi the whole time. But then another thought struck her. Gujju! Her teacher was dozing off in a nearby chair so Siya got up very slowly. She had kept her bag outside the tent so she slowly tip-toed her way to it and opened the bag. In a split second, she saw something jump into her face and then run through the ground.

"Gujju!" She whispered in fear as she ran behind it. The bunny was too fast for her pace but she still put up with it for the sake of keeping it safe. The forest was too dense so she had to tread carefully but the bunny's jumps gave her clues to where it could be. The lights from the nearby city was the only thing keeping her vision clear. She ran and ran, suddenly tripping on a twig at the same time in which she found the bunny. She fell on her knees, scraping it but holding Gujju close to her chest.

"Ow!" She cried, holding the bunny carefully. But when she looked around, her eyes teared up even more out of fear.  She couldn't tell where she was or which direction she came from! Along with it, a number of weird noises began to flood her ears, increasing her heart rate. Tears started rolling down her cheeks profusely. It was then that she felt a tap on her shoulder. She shrieked in fear but then composed herself. It was Abhi...

"Siya? What are you doing here in the dead of the night!?" He raised a brow, only to see Siya break down in fear and hug him frantically like her life depended on it.

"I'm scared Abhi!" She whisper shouted, clutching tightly over his shirt. Abhi smiled warmly and embraced her with a calm gaze.

"Don't worry ok? I'm right here with you.'"

______

Hope you liked it  (◕ᴗ◕✿) Keep voting and don't forget to leave comments!