Trip-3 💕

"Should we try and go back?" Abhi asked in dire concern after seeing Siya latching onto him dearly. She was silent to his question... What if any of the teachers caught them lurking around especially at this time? They would surely misunderstand and it was a risk she didn't want to take. Besides, having Abhi by her side made her feel safe.

"No no. Let's stay here please, I don't want to go back in this darkness and that too into those bushes. Most importantly I won't be able to see those creepy crawling creatures! Let's not go back until the sunlight hits!" She was basically pleading but seeing how scared she was, a small smile lit up Abhi's rather cold face.

"You can let go of me now." He smirked. Siya realised she had been holding over his shirt for too long and let go with a slight blush over her cheeks.

"S-Sorry. Besides, it's a great relief that you're here. So don't blame me for clinging to you." She sighed and Abhi couldn't lie but those words made his heart flutter in happiness.

"And who's this?" He said so, looking at the bunny in her hands.

"Oh. This is Gujju! I saw him at the gates of our school. He's such a cutie isn't he?"

"Yes, he is. But it was pretty dumb of you to run into the forest searching for that."

Well you came with me so that's a plus point. Siya smiled to herself.

"How could I leave it alone? He's my bunny so I should protect it." Siya hugged it close to her chest and then placed it on her lap. Abhi warm heartedly looked at her in daze.

"Looks like you've dropped the attitude with me." Abhi said, hinting to her cold  behaviour before.

"Attitude!? When!? I-I didn't show any attitude to you!" Siya pouted, obviously realising he wasn't wrong.

"Oh really? Why wouldn't you take the ice cream I bought specifically for you then!?"

"Well if I realised you were going to give it to Sedha, then obviously I'd have had it!" Siya tragically shut her mouth after realising how blunt she'd been. You idiot, don't be so obvious!!!

"What?" Abhi was confused.

"W-What I mean is- Y-Yes I've been been a little rude but..." Siya took a moment to gather her words so that she'll appear less desperate. Then she continued.

"But it was all because of you! Think Abhi think! Why did you do that assignment alone with Sedha when obviously I was also your teammate and had equal responsibility! Did you not think about it once that how it'd make me feel!?"

Abhi was blank and lost at words. What is this girl even talking about!?

"You still don't get it, do you Abhi? Why didn't you involve me...? Did you think I was a nuisance and that Sedha is be better? Did you purposefully avoid doing the assignment with me because you felt like I was useless?" Siya's puppy like eyes almost stole the breath out of Abhi. What all had this girl thought up!?

"Siya... Are you really an idiot or pretending to be one? Who ever told you that I did the assignment at all!? Everything was done by Sedha, at the simple cost of a chocolate bar!"

Siya blinked, her lips pressed into a thin line. Ok, now she really did feel stupid.

"Really?"

"Yes! And I didn't involve you because I felt like it would be easier for both of us! Not because you aren't capable but I was trying to only make things simple for you!" Abhi lowered his gaze because he couldn't believe he could ever in a lifetime say such cheesy words to her.

For me? Siya felt her heart melt at his adorable words. Was he really that  considerate of me!? And he even bought the ice cream just to make me happy!? She felt so guilty all of a sudden for ignoring his existence.

"Abhi. I'm truly very sorry for ignoring you. I really don't understand how I came to that conclusion! I'm really stupid huh...?" Siya smiled but then giggled, thinking back to her attitude towards him.

"Abhi. Let's keep our misunderstandings aside and be good friends! Ok?"

Abhi thought about it in a grave manner and the more time he took, he saw Siya's lips drooping in sadness. He suddenly broke into a smile.

"Yes. And let's not fight over petty things again."

"I wasn't being petty!"

"Yes you were, duffer!" He giggled, hitting her head lightly. She pretended to be hurt with an 'ow' sound but then laughed light heartedly. For a few hours they talked about silly things and soon, Abhi who was leaning under the foot of a tree found Siya fast asleep over his shoulders, appearing very peaceful. He gazed at her delicate features for not too long until he too dozed off.

Abhi was the first to wake up when the first ray of sunlight hit the woods. He gently woke her up, her lazy eyes blinking at him. He secretly wished if the night had lasted longer. It felt like time was going by too quickly.

"Siya. Enough with your sleeping now. Or they'll leave without us." He purposefully sounded worried so that she would wake up faster which she did. She checked if the bunny was still in her pocket and then got up.

"Ok let's go then!"

"Alright." Abhi went ahead while Siya followed in slow, careful steps. Braving all the bushes and thick trees they reached the tents where their teachers were still very much fast asleep. Some of the students on the other hand were roaming, playing games there and some hadn't slept by the looks on their faces.

"Siya, you go first. I'll come afterwards. Or else they'll spot us."

Siya nodded and appeared first out of the bushes. Among the many children there, she quickly blended into the crowd, pretending she had woken up way before them, hence why she was roaming around. But to her surprise, Sedha was already awake and had seen them both together. Without any further thoughts, Siya didn't spare her another glance and went straight to her tent. Thankfully, Dhanya and Swetha where still very much in sleep.

She saw how Abhi appeared a few minutes later, flashing a discrete smile at her and then going into his tent. Siya too smiled but it slowly faded the moment her eyes met Sedha's again. This time, she saw something unsaid in her eyes which was different from the surprised look she gave her before.

Sedha was sad? But that didn't bother Siya. She was secretly triumphing from the inside watching her expression. Hope you realise, that Abhi is mine.