No one forgets their first love💜

Siya's POV

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love... It all includes him in it.
No one can forget their first love. My first love was Abhi... Abhishek.

With hopeless eyes I looked towards the mehandi in my hands. I can find a letter A in it. I smiled weakly. I know what's going through my head right now. It's sad that both their names start with A. I should stop these thoughts. Tomorrow I will be getting married to Anu. Even though I am not happy about this marriage I should do it for my parent's happiness. They always wanted me to get married to Anu. But I would have definitely said a no to this alliance if I had felt like there was some hope to my one sided love.

It wasn't until the realisation struck me that even though I would remain unmarried my whole life he still wouldn't care, that I finally decided to get married. Don't take me for an idiot but I was willing to wait for him to move on from his past unrequited love.

But I think that's never going to happen. Even today when I saw him entering the function, a small hope bubbled up inside my heart that he was here to confess his love for me. I must be so out of my mind to even think about it on my mehendi day. Even still, how can the great and mighty Abhishek fall for this fool? So when I saw him leave quickly I realised that my dreams are going to remain dreams this lifetime.

As I was tired throught the whole function today, I went to sleep on my bed. As I drifted to sleep I saw a tall figure coming towards me with a small box in his hand. With the aura he is emitting I could easily know it was Abhi. He walked towards me with a warm smile. Just as he reached near me he bent on his one knee and opened the box. The stone placed on the ring shined like a twinkling star. Oh my god is he proposing? Just when he was about to put that ring on me, he disappeared. Was that a dream?

Immediately I woke up from my sleep.
Yes, It was really a dream. A very cruel one at that.

I looked the phone phone time and it was 1 am. I sat there silently on the bed.
Is this dream a sign for me to not get married? I'm going to ruin Anu's life if I continue with this. I should not do this. But it's too late!  Dear God what am I going to do!?

I took my phone and dialled Anujith's number. After ringing for some time he picked the call.

"Don't you think you are too desperate to call your hubby at night before the wedding" Asked Anu in a sleepy voice. I had only one thing to say and I was very clear about it. Better late than never!

"Sorry I can't do this. I'm really sorry but it's clear that we don't love each other. We shouldn't do this. It'll ruin both our lives! Can you call off the wedding or should I elope from here?"

.
.
.