13 - Fighting Monsters, What Could Go Wrong?

It's been a month since I leveled up to Tier 2, which means we are now three months into the school year. It's no longer April, and now June.

In this time Eric actually leveled up to Tier 2, unlocking his OP Legend's Spirit ability. This actually happened quicker than in the anime, which is most likely due to the fact that Eric is now a regular at Taiyou Dojo.

And quickly after that Lily also leveled up to Tier 2, no doubt due to the boost from Legend's Spirit, and since she also became a regular. That was no doubt due to Eric being a regular, I'm sure.

In this month I haven't been slacking either. I've practiced with my Tier 1 ability so much that now I can manipulate the fire easily. I just can't do a complicated manipulation like what Bianca did, with shattering ice into pieces and then making EVERY SINGLE ONE of those pieces fly towards the opponent. That's incredible skill I won't have with my fire for quite a while.

And school has been helping me with learning more about Monsters, getting combat experience against fellow Arcana users, and having a small social life.

I made one new friend. Kai. If that name sounds familiar, that's because he was the best friend of Eric in the anime. And then I stole that spot and we never encountered Kai.

He ended up being in a lot of my classes, and at some point we started talking. Now he's a friend.

Somehow I think Lily and Iris became friends as well, despite the fact that they shouldn't have even met yet. This is incredibly dangerous, considering Lily is a yandere and Iris is going to become one.

I've been keeping an eye on them, but everything's been calm so far. No more victims by Lily, nor any evidence that Lily has influenced Iris with any yandere-ness.

But this can only be the calm before the storm, as we have one more event before the end of the first Arc.

The final part of Arc 1 is when a couple of D Rank Monsters are released from a rift. The area is evacuated, and considering that they are only D Rank Monsters, Eric's class is sent to take them out as some field experience.

If it was only D Rank Monsters, this wouldn't have been a problem. What happens is a B Rank also comes out of the rift once they arrive. They then have to work with the teacher to take out both the B Rank and the D Ranks.

Dangerous. And I believe this event can happen any day now. The second Arc takes place right before Summer Break, which makes me believe it is in July. This event happens right before Arc 2, so it must be in June. There's also the fact that it hasn't happened yet despite being halfway into June already which makes me believe it's soon.

"Today's boring..." I heard Kai mutter.

"I know. I already completely know about the Scorpius." I quietly sighed.

"You're such a try-hard." Kai whispered.

Suddenly the teacher got a call. He put it up to his ear, listening, before hanging up.

"Alright class, a rift appeared in the city, letting out a bunch of D Rank Monsters. The area has been evacuated and the Monsters are contained in a small plaza. They want to send our class out to get you guys some field experience against actual monsters." The teacher explained.

...

You're fucking with me, right?

That did not just happen.

...

Fuck you fate!

We immediately started getting any equipment we had ready. Many Adventurers wear equipment to better protect themselves. Me and my poor ass could only afford some poor light armor. Basically as good as skateboard shoulder and knee pads.