40 - Preparing For The Concert

September 25. Two days before the concert.

I slammed by gauze wrapped fist into the sandbag. I quickly struck it with multiple blows, before bringing my fist back for one final strike. My fist hit the middle of the sandbag, breaking the chain and sending it flying. It slammed into the wall, sliding down onto the ground.

"You're really strong." Yui noted.

"Thanks." I replied, rubbing my fists. "Are you sure it's alright for you to be here?"

"Well, I've got nothing else to do right now." Yui replied. "Are you nervous~?"

"I'm perfectly fine." I replied.

"You broke the chain again Ken." Goku said, walking over.

"You need stronger punching bags." I stated.

"No, you're just ridiculously strong..." Goku sweatdropped. "Are you sure you don't have a Tier for enhanced strength?"

"No, I don't." I replied, shaking my head.

"God damn." Goku responded. "And you're still so skinny."

"Well, the Tiers give a small passive boost in strength." I stated.

"Yeah, I know that." Goku nodded. "But for the amount of Tiers that you have, you're still quite strong."

"I guess so." I muttered.

I'm not nearly strong enough. After all, later this school year a Demon King is going to try to invade our world. I can't exactly match up to a Demon King right now.

I don't think I'll ever be able to match up to a Demon King, honestly. But I'll try to get as close as possible.

"Why are you so determined to be strong?" Yui asked.

"You could say...there's some people I want to protect." I replied.

Myself. The world. Oh, and my friends too I guess.

"How cheesy~" Replied Yui.

"Shut it." I said, rolling my eyes.

Yui giggled. I don't like how she's acting around me. There's no doubt that she's has some sort of interest in me, and I have no idea why!

"I still can't believe you know and can talk so casually to THE Yui Yosei." Goku stated, pinching his nose. "First it was Irene, and now her."

"Is it that surprising?" I wondered.

"Of course it is! She's the most popular idol in Japan!" Goku revealed.

"Seriously?" I asked, looking to Yui.

"Yeah..." Yui sheepishly replied.

"Really? This loli?" I asked once more for reassurance.

"Hey! I'm not a loli!" Yui growled.

"Tell me that when you're older." I replied.

"I'm the same age as you!" She shrieked.

"Really? With your size, I was mistaken." I stated.

"I'm not short!" She denied.

Not exactly the size I was talking about...

"You really are an interesting kid." Goku grinned.

"Whats with you all of a sudden?" I wondered.

"Nothing, nothing..." Goku chuckled.

I raised my eyebrow at my instructor. I seriously don't understand what anybody in this world is thinking.