66 - The First Round Of The Tournament

Day one of the tournament. The longest day, consisting of sixteen different one-on-one matches.

Today, half of the representatives will be eliminated. I don't plan on being one.

But this is a little more complicated than a simple one-on-one, and that's due to the stage. Or should I say, stages.

Before the match starts a roulette is spun by the commentators, and the stage that is chosen becomes the stage for that round.

It's some highly advanced technology, which in simple terms, switches the "floors" of the arena, creating different, unique fighting grounds.

Other than this, the rules are fairly simple. The two fight until one gives up or can no longer fight. However, attempting to create major injuries or death is not allowed.

The first seven matches of the day have been completed, and I didn't pay much attention to them. Both Iris and Bianca's matches aren't until later.

Once I finish this battle I'll analyze the other matches to see some of the abilities and techniques of the winners.

Unfortunately I don't know much about my opponent Eiko except for the fact that he's extremely arrogant and confidant. His arrogance could be founded, or it may not be. I won't know until we actually fight.

I stood in the preparation room, wearing a simple black muscle shirt and blue jeans. I wasn't wearing any armor, but that was fine.

I had a solution.

A giant gate stood in front of me. It was made of metal and was similar to a cage, allowing me to see through it.

The two representatives of match seven just left not to long ago, leaving the desert styled arena that they had been fighting on.

Four people sat in a box high above the arena. It held the two announcers, our Principal, and one other person.

"Alright!" The announcer said. "That concludes the exciting match seven! Coming up now match eight!"

"Before anything, we should spin the roulette first, and find out what arena the two shall be fighting in!" The other announcer stated.

The first announcer spun the roulette wheel. It spun and spun, before landing on a symbol of a lake and tree.

The arena started to rumble, as the floor moved down and a new one came up. This one was a large forest with a single lake in the middle.

"Looks like the arena is 'Oasis'!" The second announcer stated. "Now, for our first student, we have Third-Year Eiko Nakamura from Hamamatsu Adventurer's Academy, the second largest school in Japan!"

"And for our second student, we have First-Year Ken Kage from Legacy High, the largest school in Japan!" The first announcer exclaimed.

"Now it's time to start the match!" The second announcer stated. "The gates shall open, and the two representatives will enter!"

Just like the announcer said, the gate in front of me opened, slowly moving upwards and allowing me to enter the forest.

I quickly entered, jumping onto a tree and traveling through them. All of that Freestyle Parkour with Lily is already coming in handy. I could easily see a path through the trees.

"Miss Kato, everybody was surprised when they found out that your third representative was a First-Year. Why did you choose him?" Asked the first announcer.

I glanced to the stands. It was hard to believe that all of those people would be watching. Irene, Iris, Lily, Yui, Amber, Erica, Goku, and the other thousands attending.