123 - The End Of Season 3

(Erica POV)

...what?

"Oh no." Arthur muttered.

He...he was right there. I had him. I was holding him. I was gripped onto him. He slapped my hand. He fell. Why? Why?

No no no no, this can't be it. No, this isn't true. This isn't right. No, that doesn't make sense. Ken will come back. I know it. Any second now.

Any second now another rift will open and he will come back out. I know it. Come on Ken, don't keep me waiting.

Ken. Ken. This isn't funny. Come back. You can take on that Demon King. Come on. Come on. Come back to me. This isn't funny.

Please. Come back. I need you. I need you. I can't...I can't live without you. Don't let that dream be true. Ken! Ken! Come back!

COME BACK!

Ken!

No...please...

I felt myself sink to my knees as tears ran down my cheeks. Why? Why would he do this? I've heard him say he isn't the self-sacrificial type when we play Fairy Knights together and one of them sacrifices themselves.

So why? Why did he do it? He lied. Of course he did, he always has been like that. He's amazing, but he's also a trickster. It's his nature. It's why he's bonded to Loki.

Ken. Ken. Ken. Ken. Ken. Ken. Come back. Ken, I swear to god. Ken. Ken. Come back. Please. I can't. Ken. Ken. God. Ken. Ken. I can't live. Ken. Ken. Ken. No. No. Ken. Ken. Come back. Ken. I need you. No. Ken. I need you. Ken. Please. Ken. I'll do anything. Come back.

No matter how much I pleaded, nothing happened. A deafening silence was left behind where the rift once was.

He wasn't coming back.

...

WHY?!

Why, damn it?! That should have been me! Not him! I would have done it! I would have pushed that damn demon in there myself if it would have saved Ken! Why?!

Why?!

...why?!

...why?

...why.

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Erica..." Arthur muttered sadly. "Please...get up."

I shakily stood to my feet, my hands clenched hard. I just now noticed that they were dug into my skin, painting my hands red with their blood.

I looked behind me to the others. They weren't doing well either. Principal and Emi were looking in horror at where Ken once was.

Irene was deathly quiet, staring at where Ken had disappeared.

Aoi's face was blank, but her shaking and clenched hands said everything her face didn't.

Tears streamed down Lily's eyes as she collapsed to her knees like I did.

Iris had a hand over her mouth, gaping in horror as she sobbed.

Amber's eyes were wide open, her gauntlet-clad hands clenched into fists.

Yui stared at where Ken once was, twitching. She couldn't believe it. Yet, she had to.

Bianca stared at the ground, her face as blank as ever. No one knew what she was thinking.

In the distance the Dragon roared, spraying fire down onto countless innocents. That dragon...because of that Demon King.