65 - The Festival Of Snow Begins

Snow softly floated from the sky, quietly plopping down onto the ground. The streets were painted white from all the snow. Truly a white Christmas this year.

I wore a tan sweater with two blue lines across the top, with a scarf wrapped around my mouth. I also wore jeans, making sure I wouldn't be cold.

I don't like being cold.

I was with Iris, Irene, Lily, Erica, Yui, and Amber as we stood at the entrance to the festival. A giant sign stood at the entrance, embellishing the title of the festival.

People walked into the festival, which was quite popular. The festival was outside of a giant stadium where the Tournament was held.

Today was the opening of the festival, but the Tournament doesn't start until tomorrow. Today is so the contestants can get ready and the spectators can start to enjoy the festival.

"Iris and I need to go to where the representatives are meeting." I told the others.

We're supposed to arrive there at 8:00, and it's 7:40 right now. Better to leave now than later.

"When you finish, we are going on a festival date." Irene stated.

"Hey! Not fair!" Yui pouted.

"I don't agree to this..." Erica growled.

"I agree with Erica." Lily stated.

"What about me?!" Yelled Amber.

The four started to growl at each other like hungry wolves fighting over a single piece of steak.

"Let's get out of here..." I whispered to Iris.

Iris nodded. We quietly snuck away, heading to the area where the representatives were supposed to go.

Since the Tournament is multiple days, visiting people need to stay somewhere. For people like Iris and I who happen to live at the city the Tournament is hosted that year, it's not too big of a problem.

But all of the students, staff, and spectators from other places across Japan need places to stay, so they'll often rent rooms at nearby hotels.

But the representatives need to be right by the stadium, so there's a special hotel just for them. Iris and I walked through the crowd, heading to the entrance of said hotel.

A man in a suit stood at the door. Despite the fact it was snowing in winter, he still wore sunglasses. What a dedicated security guard.

"Names?" He asked as we walked up.

"Ken Kage and Iris Aegis." I stated.

The man pulled out a clipboard, before flipping through it. Squinting at the clipboard, he then looked at us.

"Yep, you look like the identification pictures. You may go on in." He stated.

"Thank you." Iris nodded to him as we walked in.

Walking in, we were at the lounge area. There was a single receptionist at the desk and multiple other students talking to each other on different pieces of furniture.

The receptionist looked up at us. "Please sit down at one of the seats until everyone arrives."

We nodded, walking over to where the other students sat. As they talked, I noticed one of them who was dead silent, gracefully sitting in the middle of them all.

Bianca Tsuki.

The other students looked over to us as we walked over. Iris and I sat down on a vacant couch, now the center of attention.