70 - A Trickster And His Fiancé

Irene stood in front of me, staring straight into my eyes. "It's time for our date."

"I know. You already texted me." I sighed.

"So, we going around the Festival?"

"No." Irene replied. "You already did that with Iris. We'll be going outside the Festival."

"What about Iris' match?" I asked. "We shouldn't skip watching it."

"Don't worry. I know Iris will win. And she also told me that it is alright if we skip watching her match." Irene explained.

"Okay then..." I sweatdroped.

Irene stood next to me, wrapping her arms around mine. My arm suddenly tightened, before I forced it to relax.

We walked out of the Festival, heading into the city with Irene hanging from my arm. Moving through the streets, I let Irene take the lead. Eventually we came to a stop in front of a small building.

"What is this place?" I asked.

"A pool and darts place." Irene stated, as if it was obvious. "Come on."

She dragged me inside, where we greeted the person at the desk. The person was flustered and surprised at the appearance of one of the Aegis Princesses, before letting us in.

Irene walked over to an empty pool table. She took one of the sticks, which name I didn't know, and gingerly held it in her hands, analyzing it.

"Do you know how to play billiards?" Irene asked.

"Uh, yeah." I shrugged.

I played once or twice back in my old world with my "friends" before she...did that.

Irene handed me a pool stick, before grabbing another. "This is a billiards cue."

"I told you, I know how to play." I sighed.

She set up the balls with one of those plastic white triangles, before placing down a white ball.

She got into position, hitting the white ball towards the other balls using her cue. The collided, sending the other balls in other directions, bouncing off the walls of the table.

"Your turn." She stated.

I grabbed my cue, aiming to hit the white ball into a solid colored ball. Hitting the white ball, it hit the colored ball. The colored ball decided to not go into the hole.

Irene used her cue to hit the white ball into a striped ball, effortlessly and gracefully sending the ball into the hole.

Having another turn, she did the same thing. She also made that striped ball in. And so, she did it again. And also made the ball in.

It was only on her fourth turn that she didn't hit one of the balls into a hole located on the board.

"What are you, a professional?" I grumbled.

"No, billiards is just a hobby." She stated. A warm smile then suddenly grew on her face. "I'm glad to have someone to play it with."

I felt heat rise into my cheeks. I quickly looked away so that she wouldn't notice. "You have Iris, and all of your butlers and maids. Why didn't you play billiards with them?"

"Iris is really bad, and isn't into billiards." Irene stated. "She played it with me before, but despite her trying to hide it, it was obvious she didn't have fun."

"And all of the butlers and maids said it would be disrespectful for them to play with me." She continued.

"I'm glad I have you, Ken." She smiled.

My heart stopped at those words, my blush becoming even heavier.

And then those memories flashed through my head. She also said that...

Don't think about it...

I shook my head, grabbing the cue and hitting a colored ball into a hole.

Irene and I continued to play billiards as I tried to keep my mind off of her. She only brought me pain.

After playing a couple rounds of billiards, we left the place. Irene led me to a nearby park, where we sat down on a bench.

Multiple different people were here. Mothers and fathers with their children, elderly feeding birds, teenagers hanging out.

It's kind of crazy to think how everyone here has their own story. It's strange. It makes me feel bad for complaining about my former life.

Because I know others have it worse.

"What's wrong?" Irene suddenly asked.

"What?" I confusedly replied, looking over to her.

"I'm good at reading people. You're upset. You were at the billiards too. Except unlike Iris it's not because of the billiards." Irene explained. "So tell me, what's wrong?"

"It's...I can't really put it into words." I sighed.

"Is there someone I need to kill?" Irene asked with a serious look on her face.

"Not like you could. She's gone." I stated.

"...She hurt you." Irene observed.

"Yeah...she did." I sighed. "It's been years but...it hurts."

"But, I brought it all upon myself. It was all my fault." I continued. "Sometimes I wonder if everything's worth it."

"Stop that." Irene suddenly said.

"What?" I replied.

"Don't say that." Irene restated. "You're worth it. And you want to know why?"

Irene leaned forward, lightly grabbing my face with one of her hands and placing her lips against mine. Slowly she pulled away, the sweet kiss leaving my lips, with only a memory my brain desperately grasped for remaining.

"You're my whole world." She whispered. "I'd do anything for you. I love you so much."

My heart raced and my cheeks were so hot that it felt like they were letting off steam.

But looking into her eyes, I saw those same eyes. Those crazy eyes and insane smile that they all wore.

Just like her.

They're all psychos.

"I'll never hurt you. I promise." She added.

My heart felt like it was going hundreds of miles an hour, racing against my fear.

My fear of crazy women.

My fear of death.

My fear of denial.

And my fear of...betrayal.

I can't. I can't fall in love again.

"Thanks..." I muttered, looking away from Irene.

"Come on." She said, standing up. She grabbed my hand, pulling me up as well. "Let's go."

Why are they so crazy? All of them?

She was just a psycho bitch, but these girls are crazy in love. Yanderes.

So why?

When I don't deserve that love?

We headed back to the hotel that I was staying in before separating. Irene gave me one last kiss on the cheek before leaving, leaving them warm with her light touch.

Walking into my room, I closed the door behind me and sat down on my bed. I quickly checked the results of today, seeing that both Iris and Bianca won their matches and will be heading to the next round.

I sighed, laying down in my bed with thoughts swirling around my mind like a storm, leaving everything a mess.

I shoved my face into the pillow in an attempt to fall asleep quicker. I need some peace...

AN: Gsv xolxp rh grxprmt.

Gsv yivzprmt klrmg rh zkkilzxsrmt.