93 - The Secret Behind Amplification

When Erica and I entered Merlin's room, she almost immediately spat out her drink from sudden shock.

"Uh...are you alright?" Erica awkwardly asked.

"You made 50 mana veins?!" Merlin exclaimed.

"What?!" Erica exclaimed. "I only have ten!"

Well, I had my help.

"I'm awesome." Loki commented.

"Don't you have Clairvoyance?" I asked. "How do you not know?"

"I have to actively use Clairvoyance." Merlin stated. "It's not something that just goes on in the background."

"Anyways, now that you both have created some mana veins I can start to teach you about your new tiers." Merlin stated.

"By permanently injecting some of my own mana into you, I was able to give you a piece of my own power." Merlin continued.

"This is possible due to the link between magic and the soul. Basically, I gave you a slight piece of my own soul. If I only gave you mana, then it wouldn't be permanent." Merlin added.

"Is that okay?" Erica asked. "Cause that sounds dangerous."

"Sometimes." Merlin stated. "It's only dangerous if you have a small bit of soul. Because once you give away all of your soul, you become a hollow husk of what you once were."

"But you don't have to worry about that!" Merlin then said, lightening the mood.

"Erica, your tier is called Clairvoyance. It's a watered-down and weakened version of my own, to the point where they are barely similar." Merlin stated.

"Your Clairvoyance should, just at the moment, give you visions of future important events every once in a while. It's random, and not too useful at first." Merlin continued.

"There isn't really anything you can do to train it right now, you just have to keep making mana veins and working on how you manipulate mana. Eventually you'll learn how to manipulate the Clairvoyance and slowly make it stronger." Merlin explained.

"However, for Ken, we don't need to wait. You can start with yours. But first, let me explain how Amplification works." Merlin stated. "In simple terms, it's temporarily increasing the power of an attack."

"Isn't that the same as Erica's enhancement?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope!" Merlin replied, popping the p. "Erica's enhancement is physical-based. Amplification is magical based. Erica can't increase the power of her water element temporarily, but she can increase the power of her punch, or her sword temporarily."

"Amplification however allows you to temporarily increase the power of magical-based attacks, or other magical-based powers. You could increase the power of your fire, or some of your other tiers." She stated.

Wow...that sounds powerful.

"That sounds awesome." Loki commented. "With your new mana veins and this power, you might be able to set a whole city on fire!"

Why would I ever set a whole city on fire?

"I dunno. But in case you need to, now you can!" Loki replied.

...Yay?

"So how do I use Amplification?" I asked.

"It'll take a little practice, but you'll need to think about enhancing a power. It's difficult since you need to know exactly how the power works in order to amplify it." Merlin stated.

I lit a small flame in my hand, staring intently at it. If I wanted to enhance it's power, I'd want to increase how hot it is.

With Loki's help I already have the power to create plenty of flames. Now I just need to make them hotter. So that they can burn anything.