22 - The Fight For Aegis Mansion

(Iris POV)

I sat on the floor in shock. Cyrus...?

Why?

He tried to kill me. He's been one of my closest friends for years. And yet, he tried to kill me...

Ken and Eric rushed after Cyrus, exiting the ballroom. Irene ran over, sitting down in front of me.

"Are you alright?!" She worriedly asked.

"I-Irene, h-he..." I muttered. I felt the hot trail of fresh tears roll down my face. Why..?

"I know. I know." Irene sadly said, bringing me into a hug.

"...Why?" I croaked out.

"I...I might know. But that isn't important right now. We need to get out of here in case any more assassins show up." Irene stated.

"Can't the Royal Guards take care of them?" Lily asked, suddenly appearing next to us. When did she get here?!

"Your presence concealment is on again." Irene stated.

"I know." Lily nodded. "In case someone does break through the Royal Knights, I can sneak up on them."

"Unfortunately that could be very likely. We can't trust any Royal Guard. Two have already defected." Irene explained.

The Royal Guards could betray us...? Like...Cyrus?

Then...Mother?! Father?!

"W-what about Mother and Father?! Where are they?!" I exclaimed.

Irene's eyes widened. "They haven't arrived to the party yet. They're likely still in their rooms finishing getting ready, unaware of the situation. We need to find them, fast."

I wiped the tears from my eyes and shakily stood up. Now isn't the time to cry. Mother and Father are in serious danger. For whoever these assassins are, our parents would be the prime targets.

Wait...Isaac...

I was never close to my twin, but still...

"And Isaac...?" I asked.

Irene looked around at the currently in chaos party. People were hurriedly trying to leave, not wanting to become a casualty. I saw Isaac flee with them.

"...He'll be fine." Irene slowly stated.

"Lily." Irene stated. "Can you help us?"

"Of course. I don't know you well, but Iris is my friend." Lily nodded. "I'll help."

"Alright." Irene nodded. "Let's go. Mother and Father's rooms are on the second floor."

The exit to the entrance and staircase was jam packed with fleeing people, so that wasn't an option. However, there was another staircase through another, smaller door.

We quickly rushed through the door, racing up the steps and emerging in a hallway. Despite the huge size of our Mansion, Irene and I knew exactly where to go.

We ran through the hallways, taking twists and turns. We turned onto the hallway to Mother's room, seeing a bunch of ninja-like people about to try to break down her door.

Just in time.

Irene's Arcana manifested into her hands. The giant war hammer Thor. Lily's dagger Hassan appeared in her hand.

I closed my eyes, reaching a connection with my Arcana. In my right hand a golden shield appeared.

My S Rank Arcana, Zeus.