73 - Was It All A Dream?

I looked at myself in the mirror again, examining my features. I was back as Kyle Johnson somehow. My messy black hair and hazel eyes stood out, different from my look I was greeted to the last couple of months.

I'm uglier here...

The door to my room then suddenly opened as a familiar face entered. It felt like I hadn't seen her in years.

Her curly black hair which reached her neck, and her bright hazel eyes and cheery smile. I almost broke down in tears just from seeing her alone.

"Oh, you're up." Kira said. "I made breakfast."

I stared at her, surprised by her sudden appearance.

"Kyle? You okay?" She asked.

I jumped, quickly grabbing her into a hug and holding her tight against me. I could feel her warmth as I wrapped my arms around her.

It felt so real. What's going on?

I felt tears pool at the end of my eyes, but I quietly sucked them back up. I'm not going to cry. Not right now.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered.

"Are you okay?" Kira worriedly asked, looking up at me.

"Yeah...I'm fine." I slowly replied. "Just a bad dream. I'll be down in a moment."

"Alright." Kira nodded, exiting the room.

What the hell? What's going on?

Was that really a dream? It felt way too real to be a dream. I could feel every single day that happened there, over the span of multiple months.

So it couldn't be a dream. But then what's going on?

I took out my phone, checking the time. This was the year of 2016, October 7.

Before I was transmigrated to Heaven's Hell, the year was 2018. This means I also went two years into the past...

Seriously, what the hell is going on? This doesn't make any sense.

Getting ready for the day, I went downstairs to get breakfast from Kira. She had made pancakes and bacon.

"Pancakes?" I asked.

"Yeah." Kira replied. "I got better! I promise!"

Is she talking about that one time she burnt the pancakes..? It was so long ago...

Taking a pancake into my mouth, I savored the amazing taste that flooded my tastebuds. It's been so long since I've had pancakes.

After eating the pancakes I stood up and grabbed my school bag, waking to the door.

"Have a good day." Smiled Kira.

"You too." I replied. "I'll be late tonight, so make yourself dinner."

"Okay." Kira said, a little sad.

The words came to me like a reflex, spoken out before I even realized it. It was so familiar.

Today felt so familiar...

I didn't go to school. I needed to think things out. I walked over to the nearby park, sitting down on a bench and trying to collect my thoughts.

After months in the world of Heaven's Hell, I was transported back into my world, yet two years in the past...

"Kira...I'm back..." I muttered.

I cried for a little while on that bench, before eventually wiping away the tears and gathering my rampaging thoughts together.

Could I prevent...that?