59 - Family Problems

...Daughter?

No way...if what he's saying is true, then Goku adopted Amber.

And looking at Shinji, he has bright orange hair just like Amber does! It explains her strange hair color, but what about the fact she's a kitsune?

"You're not my father." Amber growled. "You'll never be."

"How dare you, you little bi-" Shinji growled, before Goku's thunderous roar cut him off.

"Shut up five dollar haircut!" Goku screamed. "You have no right to be her father, not after what you've done."

"It's exactly my right as her father." Shinji sneered. "And I'll let you know, my hair is great."

"You lost the right as father the first time you hit her." Goku growled. "Abusing a child, and forcing them to unlock an Arcana early? She's lucky she's alive and didn't explode."

Abuse...?

Those words struck a pang within my heart. They hit too close to home. Those words were a lot more familiar to me than they should have.

Amber reminded me a lot of...me. Abuse from terrible parents, those undeserving of holding that title.

It made my head spin and my blood boil.

No one should have to go through that.

"Maybe that ungrateful bitch should have died then." Shinji scoffed.

"What?!" Goku angrily roared, lunging at Shinji, reeling his fist backwards for a punch.

Ruka quickly jumped in front of Shinji, taking the strong punch from Goku. She was sent flying, skidding across the floor before standing up, slightly wobbling.

"Ruka!" Cried out Shinji. A staff appeared in his hands. He pointed it towards Ruka, a stream of yellow aura flowing to her.

Goku quickly tried to take out Shinji, but Ruka appeared in front of Goku once more, gripping his wrist and stopping his punch.

Goku gripped her wrist with his hand, twisting it to let him go. He jumped backwards, facing Ruka. A long spear formed in her hands while Goku's shotgun appeared in his.

"Bastards..." Amber growled.

"They abused you?" I asked.

"Yeah. They'd hit me whenever I didn't live up to their standards as the next head of the Takao. After they forced me to awaken my Arcana as a kid I ran away. That's when I met my real dad." Amber explained.

My fists tightened with a growing rage.

"Fuckers..." I muttered under my breath.

I looked back to Aoi, who stood there, staring at us. She didn't make a move, nor a sound. Was she waiting for something? No, she wasn't staring at us, but something behind us...

"Ken?!" Amber suddenly cried out in surprise.

I quickly whirled around, Loki turning into a katana and slicing through the air. One-Eye stared at me in a state of shock, cut in half.

His top half slid off the bottom, both of them splattering against the floor, spraying blood into the air.

The blood splattered onto my clothes.

...

I'll have to wash them later.

"Thanks for the warning." I nodded to Amber, looking back to Aoi. "Let's take her on."

"Alright." Amber grinned, two gauntlets forming on her fists. She raised her hands in the air, getting ready to rush Aoi.

Before we could do anything, a black collar suddenly manifested itself around her neck. She flinched, before sighing.