68 - A Date In The Festival

"Hey!" Iris said, walking up to us.

In the background the eleventh match started, inbetween two students that I didn't know nor care about.

"Congratulations." Irene replied, clapping her hands.

"Thanks!" Iris smiled. She then looked towards me, grabbing my hand.

"Yes?" I asked her.

And then she suddenly took off, running away while dragging me with her.

"Hey!" I heard the others shout. Glancing back, I saw them running after us.

Iris dragged me out of the stadium, back outside to the festival. We hid around the corner, watching as they ran past.

"So...why did we run away from everyone else?" I asked Iris, raising my eyebrow at her.

"Well, I think I deserve a reward for winning that match." Iris winked at me. "So I want to go on a festival date with you!"

A festival date? The last time I went on any date was with...her...

Don't think about it Ken. Don't think about it.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah." She smiled.

"Alright." I sighed.

I'm actually quite curious about the festival as well.

"Come on! Let's go!" Iris excitedly said, grabbing my hand and pulling me once more.

We walked through the crowd, looking at the multiple stands as we passed by. They sold a bunch of different goods, from hoodies and scarves to different food.

"Oh! Takoyaki!" Iris excitedly said.

She hopped over to a stand. We waited in the line for a minute or two until we both got a stick of takoyaki.

I held it in my hands, staring at it curiously.

This will actually be my first time eating takoyaki...

I placed the first one from the stick into my mouth, and instantly a delicious flavor filled my mouth. My taste buds screamed in joy at the food.

"Wow, this is good." I commented.

"I know." Iris smiled. "I love takoyaki."

The hot, steamy takoyaki had a nice contrast with the cool day. While it wasn't snowing today, the snow from the day before still lingered on the ground. Most of it was gone though, due to the many people walking across the Festival.

Our boots crunched through the small amount of remaining snow, walking through the Festival.

"Look! It's one of those shooting games!" Iris excitedly said.

"You really like the Festival, don't you?" I asked her.

"I've always enjoyed festivals, ever since I was young." Iris warmly smiled. "I still remember when Irene took me to my first one."

"Is there one you want?" I wondered.

"What?" She replied, confused.

"A prize. Is there one you want?" I restated.

Her eyes widened as a big smile grew on her face. "Yeah. Could you get me that yellow teddy bear?"

"A teddy bear?" I questioned.

"Yeah." Iris nodded.

"That shouldn't be too hard." I replied.

I walked up to the stand, paying the guy for five shots. Placing one in the gun, I aimed it towards the teddy bear.