74 - A Deadly Rematch

Fluttering my eyes open, I was met with Stryker looking above me, holding his spear over his head, ready slam it down and pierce my heart.

"Shi-!" He started to say. Before he could finish, I sent a blast of fire into his chest, sending him flying backwards.

I stood up while Stryker pulled himself off the wall, ready to fight. Stryker went for a stab with his spear, only for me to sidestep and grab his neck, lifting him up into the air. I slammed his back against the wall, glaring at him.

"What the hell did you do to me?" I hissed.

"Nightmare Powder from The Alchemist." Stryker coughed. "It's supposed to keep you out for a whole day, at least. How did you get out of it?"

Who the hell is The Alchemist?

"I had some unfinished business." I stated.

Stryker attempted to kick me in my sacred place, forcing me to back off and let him go. He rubbed his neck before readying his spear.

I felt the connection with Loki once more. Pulling on it, Loki appeared into my hand in his original scepter form.

Stryker lunged at we with his spear, attempting to strike through my heart. This strike was too strong to parry, so instead I sidestepped to get up close.

I sent a punch towards his face, but he caught it with his free hand. He jerked his knee upwards in an attempt to slam it into my stomach, but I blocked it with Loki.

We were now in a stalemate, glaring at each other. That was, until I reared my head back and slammed it into his.

"Ow! What the hell?!" Stryker yelled, stumbling backwards.

"What are you trying to do?" I asked, pointing my staff at him. "Are you that upset that you lost?"

"Huh?" Stryker wondered, before he started laughing. "Hahaha! As if! I went easy on you, you piece of shit! It was all part of the plan."

"The plan?" I asked.

"I'll tell you, but only since you'll be dying anyways." Stryker stated. "Infiltrate the festival, and cause chaos for our King's revival!"

"Of course you're one of his minions." I sighed.

"How do you know about-?!" Gasped Stryker.

He cut off his sentence as I lunged at him, morphing Loki into a spear and stabbing it straight towards his head.

He moved his head, letting the spear rush past. However, the spear started to morph into a sword, allowing me to quickly swing it to the side in an attempt to cut his head off.

Stryker ducked under it, sending a stab towards my chest. I quickly blocked it by bringing Loki back and morphing him into a shield.

"Damn." Stryker muttered. "Those abilities of yours are annoying. And you even know about him...No wonder he said you were the prime target."

"Well, I am pretty good at pissing people off." I replied.

I morphed Loki back into a spear, rushing at Stryker. Our spears intersected, clashing against each other.

We parried each other's blows. Bringing back the spear again, our hands became blurry as we directed a rush of thrusts at each other.

"How can you copy my style so fast?!" Stryker grunted angrily.

I sent one more stab towards him, but he ducked under it and sent a stab towards my chest. Since my arm was extended there wouldn't be enough time for me to bring back Loki to my chest in a block.