87 - A Multiversal Secret

While Erica was inside the others tried to see if they were also Chosen, but the door didn't open for them when they stood on the circle.

So we sat out here, waiting.

Honestly, if I could be a Chosen that would be pretty nice. Being taught by a powerful figure such as Merlin would surely help with the fight against the Demon King.

I doubt it however. Due to the fact that being a Chosen is determined during birth or something. Like many things from Heaven's Hell, it was vague.

Who knows?

It wasn't long until Erica came back out of the tower completely unharmed. I didn't expect anything to happen, but for some reason I was still worried.

"What happened?" Irene asked.

"I met someone who's going to train me!" Erica exclaimed.

"A trainer? So that theory is true..." Iris muttered.

"Have you guys tried to see if you are Chosen?" Erica asked.

"We have." Lily nodded.

"Did Ken?" Erica pushed further.

"He didn't." Irene replied. "Ken, go ahead."

"Alright." I sighed. I waited in case only one Chosen could be inside at a time. But I really don't think it's going to happen since I was transmigrated here a year ago and not a birth...

"Seriously, I don't think I'm going to be one." I stated, standing onto the circle.

Nothing happened.

"See?" I sighed in disappointment, turning towards them. This is a let down...

The sound of the wooden gate opening entered my ears as the others stared at me in surprise. Turning around in a silent shock I saw that the door was now open.

"No way.." I gasped.

I'm a Chosen.

Wait, is that why Erica and I could read the stone tablet and Iris couldn't?

I took a deep breath. It's time to meet Merlin in person.

"I'll see you in a little bit." I waved to them, walking into the tower.

The gate closed behind me, leaving me alone.

"I'm here too you know." Loki commented.

Completely alone...

"Oi! Listen to me!" Grunted Loki.

I started to ascend the dim staircase, passing by the torches. It was dark and creepy, and the stairs were very long. I was climbing for a good minute or two.

Once I finally got to the top I was met with a wooden trapdoor in the ceiling. Lightly pushing upwards on it, it easily opened for access.

I climbed through, standing up and dusting myself off. Now I was in a single room. Turning around I was met with the sight of a white haired woman with purple eyes, short white hair, and a white robe embroidered with purple designs.

"Hello." She smiled. "I'm Merlin Ambrosius."

"You're a girl?!" Exclaimed Loki.

"Hello." I nodded.

"Aww, you don't seem surprised." Pouted Merlin.

Well, I already knew about this strange twist beforehand...

Why Heaven's Hell genderbent Merlin into a girl, who knows?

"But, I guess that's to be expected, y'know?" She continued.