25 - The Fight Against The Prince Begins

"Isaac has three safehouses located here on the map." Irene stated. "Once we hit one, that means that the rest will likely be alerted. We'd only have an one in three chance of choosing the safe house that Isaac is at."

"So that means we need to hit all three at once." Irene explained. "I'll hit this one. Eric and Lily, you two do this one. Iris and Ken, you two can do the last one."

"You'll be alone." I replied. "Will you be fine?"

Irene nodded. "Of course."

"What about the Royal Knights?" Eric asked. "Can they help us?"

"No." Irene replied, shaking her head. "I can't trust them. They may have defected. The only ones I can trust are you four. Mother is injured and Father can't fight. You're the only ones I can ask."

"That being said, are you two sure that you want to help? It will be the two of you against a whole base. They shouldn't have any Arcana's, but it still could be dangerous." Irene asked Eric and Lily.

"Of course." Eric nodded. "Both Iris and Ken are my friends. I'll always help a friend."

"We'll be glad to help!" Lily happily stated, hanging onto Eric's arm.

Eric glanced at Lily with an slightly uncomfortable and surprised expression.

Irene smiled. "Thank you."

You're pairing me with Iris?

Surprising. Also, fuck.

I'm not feeling so good about being alone with Iris after she randomly started calling me Ken yesterday. I feel like something has just clicked for her, and it's not going to be something I like.

Can we switch?

"Is that the smartest idea?" I asked. "Iris is the strongest out of us four, so shouldn't we pair her with Eric or Lily?"

I quickly turned to them. "No offense."

"You're only at Tier 2." Lily sweatdropped. "And I want to fight with Eric."

Actually I'm at Tier 3, but I'm pretending I'm at Tier 2 to stay at the average Tier of the current first year students.

"Lily and I will be alright. I recently reached Tier 3." Eric stated.

"Seriously?" I replied, surprised. He isn't supposed to get to Tier 3 until he is storming the actual safe house!

The anime usually had tier up during battles for more epic and cliche fight scenes. Despite the cliche, the fight scenes were pretty epic though.

And we're also ahead of schedule. We aren't even supposed to know about the safe houses yet, because in the anime Irene wasn't alive, and therefore, didn't ask Lily to search Isaac's room.

After all, Iris didn't suspect her twin at the time.

"Yeah. While you were bodyguarding Irene I've been working with Sensei more." Eric stated.

Now it doesn't surprise me. Goku can be a real slave driver sometimes.

And if memory serves me correctly, now that Eric has unlocked Tier 3 he has access to "Enhancement". It's a skill that allows him to increase the effectiveness of a part of his body.

For example, by enhancing his legs he can run faster for a short while, or by enhancing his fists he can increase their strength.

Eventually he learns how to apply this to other objects which isn't his own body, but that comes later.

"The teams should be alright then." Irene placed down some earpieces on the table. "These are communication devices. Use it to let us know if you find Isaac or need help."