43 - A "Yandere-ish" Development

(Yui POV)

Ken ran out of the room, looking like myself. How the hell did he do that?

"Did...did you know he could do that..?" I asked Erica.

"I...I forgot..." Erica replied.

We both stood there, dead silent. Now that I think about, I've never been alone with Erica, have I?

I glanced at her, studying her. The only reason she's my bodyguard as well is because Ken dragged her with him. Does he like her?

No, he's engaged to Irene. Irene had announced that she got a fiancé, but I had no idea it would be him of all people...

And I've seen the ring on his finger. It's official.

...

It makes sense. At first, he seems like an ordinary person with the personality of a jerk. But he's much more than that.

He says that he just leveled up to Tier 3 when his Arcana changed to that scepter. I don't believe that. I don't think anyone who really knows him does.

It's obvious he's much stronger than that. He's someone that could be paired with a first princess.

No...

Maybe even more...

He's the same age as me, a first year. That means he's only had his Arcana unlocked for a couple months. He's at an incredible rate of growth that might be even quicker than the Tsuki's, the family known for being the strongest...

He's more than just a man...

...

A god?

Could he be a god?

It's starting to make so much sense. Only a god could grow so powerful so quickly. Only a god could be as kind as he is. Only a god could be as handsome and charming as he is.

Ahhh~

Just thinking about his face is making me tingly. I can only imagine all of the things he could do to me...

ehehehehehe...

Ooh, how I want to get closer to Ken. I want to have a place in that godly heart. I want to be closer to him.

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

But how should I get closer...?

The thought of killing crossed my mind, but I quickly dismissed it. I can't kill anyone close to him! That'd make him sad, and would make him hate me.

If he hated me, I don't think I could live anymore...

Wait...

Killing? This thought had never crossed my mind before in my whole life. Why? Why do I suddenly feel fine with killing?

...

Ah, it's because of Ken. That's why. Only a person completely devoted to him could become his lover. Only someone who would completely give their body and soul to him without hesitation. Only one that would do ANYTHING for him.

I know I would.

I glanced at Erica once more. There's no doubt that she loves Ken. I can see it in her eyes. Their like mine...

Would she do anything for Ken..?

The door opened. I expected Ken to come inside, but instead a random nobody came into the room, yawning.

"...what the hell?" He muttered as his eyes laid onto us.

Erica quickly dashed forwards, slamming the butt of Excalibur into his throat. He gasped, collapsing to the floor while clutching his neck. Erica closed the door, cutting him off from any allies.