62 - Arc 5 Creeps In The Distance

Goku stared at the multiple teenagers that occupied the Taiyou Dojo. The Dojo was "closed", but that was actually so these seven students could train.

Why?

Well, let's go back a couple hours...to earlier this day...

...

Another day of school. Too bad I can barely keep my eyes open because Lily and I were freestyle parkouring literally all day yesterday.

Never thought I'd say that.

Despite my tiredness, I'm actually quite happy. The results are good and I've quickly become better. I'm not as good as Lily, but I have certainly improved.

The agility and acrobatic ability that honing this skill will give me is too valuable to give up.

But I need to do more than that. I have a whole month to train before the next arc starts, which means the goal is to level up to Tier 6 in this time.

But I should probably explain Arc 5 first and what happens originally.

The good thing about this Arc is that it won't come sooner. Unlike how my actions sped up the events of Arc 4, that isn't possible for Arc 5.

Because it takes place at the annual JSAC.

JSAC stands for "Japanese Student Adventurer Competition", and is a huge tournament that different students from multiple adventurer schools across Japan participate in.

Yes, Arc 5 is not only Bianca's Arc, but it's also a Tournament Arc.

It's an one vs one style tournament which happens over multiple days. It's used to show the potential of the next adventurers and increase morale.

The students can be from First-Year to Third-Year, and fight against other years. A Third-Year can go against a First-Year. Sounds unfair, doesn't it?

This is because the students that are sent into the tournament are specifically chosen by the Principal of their respective school.

Yeah.

Now, there are multiple more rules and details to the tournament, but this is the most simplified and easy explanation.

The students should be chosen at around now, the beginning of November. The JSAC Tournament starts about halfway through December, so it gives the participants about a month and a half to prepare.

Originally, the Principal was able to choose three people to go into the tournament. This is a lot compared to other schools which have only one, or even zero, but it's due to Legacy High's influence and popularity.

She chooses Bianca, Iris, and another Third-Year at first, but at the beginning of December the Third-Year is injured badly and can't compete.

Must be pretty bad if he couldn't compete even after a healer...

Anyways, this causes the Principal to choose Erica, a bold move since Erica is a First-Year and only has half a month to prepare, instead of the usual month and a half.

However, I've changed things. I do still believe that Bianca and Iris will be picked, as they're two of the strongest in the school, having bested multiple Third-Years.

As for the third slot, I can't rule out the possibility she might choose me. After all, she knows that I've been a Bodyguard for two people, both who were attempted to be assassinated, which failed both times.

But a Bodyguard is a lot different from an Adventurer, so there's no guarantee that she will choose me.

There's a good chance she won't since I haven't revealed my exact Tier to anyone yet, so nobody should know my insane growth at reaching Tier 5 yet.