14 - A Class Verses An Ice Golem

"You might be able to advance to Tier 3." Loki suddenly stated.

"What?" I muttered, shocked. "So soon? It's only been a month. Even with my ability it shouldn't be that fast."

"Now that Eric is Tier 2, that means he has Legend's Spirit. Which means..." Loki started.

"If he considers me a close ally I get another boost in speed." I realized. "Two boosts to increase the speed at which I level up!"

"If you can land a finishing hit on that Ice Golem, you should be able to level up to Tier 3." Loki stated.

"All right. I'll keep that in mind." I replied.

Eric jumped out of the way of an ice shard which slammed into the ground. He stared wide-eyed at the large shard that would most definitely have killed him.

The Ice Golem was a huge hulking mass of snow with ice crystals poking out. It was a little over a story high, and very dangerous.

I ran up beside him. "What's the plan?" I asked.

"Ken! What happened to Cole?!" He asked.

"He's knocked out. Traitorous bastard." I grumbled. "Anyways, what do we need to do?"

"The Teacher can't take it out himself. He's a B Rank too." Eric stated.

Here might be a nice fact to know. Usually the rank a Monster has means it takes multiple of that same rank Adventurer to kill it. Like two to three. But this only applies to B Ranks to S Ranks.

D Rank. Anyone with an Arcana can beat them. As for C Ranks, a C Rank Adventurer could beat one. And most monsters have their own weakness which exploited can increase odds of winning. This could make it possible for a B Rank Adventurer to beat a B Rank Monster. From S to D, most have weaknesses.

Basically, calculating the chances of winning is complicated.

And our Teacher can't take care of a B Rank by himself. But with 20 Students-In-Training, we could do it. Or at least hold it off for enough time.

"Teacher sent out an SOS. We have to at least hold it off until then. The plan is hit and dodge." Eric explained.

Like my Dragon Axe Style. "Good. Hit and dodge is my specialty." I grinned.

The Ice Golem does indeed have a weakness. Learned it from a book. As you could imagine, it's fire.

"Hey! Who here has fire as their element for Tier 1?" I yelled.

Two other students raised their hands, one being Kai. I ran over to them, ready to say the plan.

"The Ice Golem's weakness is fire. If we can surround it in fire, we might be able to melt it." I explained. "You in?"

"Absolutely!" Kai grinned. The other student nodded meekly.

"Alright. Kai, you head to the back. Other student, you stay here. I'll head to a third spot. Then I'll order everyone back and we'll launch our fire." I explained.

Kai and other student nodded in agreement. We quickly went over to our positions. As Kai reached his spot I got to my own, in between Kai and the other student. Eric also happened to be standing at where I stopped.

The Ice Golem roared as it slammed its fist into the ground. The student targeted barely dodged. Another student quickly grabbed him, moving away.

The Ice Golem roared. It grabbed a crystal off of it's back, gripping it in his hand. He chucked it towards a student who quickly dodged.

"Everybody back up!" I yelled, manifesting fire into my palms.

The Teacher noticed me, Kai and and other student. "Everybody get back!" He repeated.